GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Integrated Engineering ecu tuning

ianisme1

I just wanted to pass on a few impressions after a week or so running the stage 1 low torque tune. My biggest surprise was that the car is still totally driveable. I was half expecting it to be some raging headbanger on steroids, but it's actually just as good to drive in a normal fashion as the standard tune. They might call it a "low torque" tune, but it's still got plenty and hopefully my clutch will appreciate it. As soon as it hits the turbo range though it's so much quicker than before, even in Normal mode. It's definitely bringing out the hooligan in me which, at almost sixty years old, is arguably a good thing! I've been making it my mission to humiliate as many Mustang drivers as I can, with extra bonus points if I can embarrass any BMW and Audi drivers too. Sports mode is just nuts, possibly helped along by the different exhaust note. My girlfriend is now getting excited at having a tune on her Mk 7 DSG. I'm glad to say that she also is not shy about using the performance. So good job IE and great support from them when I got confused on the install.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I just wanted to pass on a few impressions after a week or so running the stage 1 low torque tune. My biggest surprise was that the car is still totally driveable. I was half expecting it to be some raging headbanger on steroids, but it's actually just as good to drive in a normal fashion as the standard tune. They might call it a "low torque" tune, but it's still got plenty and hopefully my clutch will appreciate it. As soon as it hits the turbo range though it's so much quicker than before, even in Normal mode. It's definitely bringing out the hooligan in me which, at almost sixty years old, is arguably a good thing! I've been making it my mission to humiliate as many Mustang drivers as I can, with extra bonus points if I can embarrass any BMW and Audi drivers too. Sports mode is just nuts, possibly helped along by the different exhaust note. My girlfriend is now getting excited at having a tune on her Mk 7 DSG. I'm glad to say that she also is not shy about using the performance. So good job IE and great support from them when I got confused on the install.

Depending upon how "hooligan" you want to get I can make some suggestions. ?

Just kidding I'm sure you're aware of what to do.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Is this normal for an IE Stage 1 93 oct GTI Tune? The ECU is applying timing correction through the whole pull. It's pulling large amounts of timing after 5500. The timing curve ramps up to 12 degrees of advance by 5500 before finally turning downward.

IE_Knock.jpg

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Has anyone else had problems passing emissions testing with IE Stage 1 tunes? Seems to be a problem. Most people expect stage 1 tunes to pass OBD emissions testing, but the IE tune does not in my experience. This is something to consider when choosing tunes. Not passing emissions testing and the crazy knock numbers for a OTS stage 1 tune makes this a poor choice in my book.