GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

In process: Alibaba GTI build

Mksleven

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 gti
BTW I noticed a small, slow oil leak at the lower oil pan gasket, basically at the corner that sits at the lowest point of the engine. Just tightened up those bolts a bit more and all is well šŸ‘

Also, rear main seal does not appear to be leaking, so thatā€™s nice.

Had a boost leak but that was fixed easily. Car is now hauling ass as before. Still have some PTSD from blowing it up lol so hoping for the best prepared for the worst is the motto

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
Hereā€™s the link:

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! $2,508.06 55ļ¼… Off | EA888 GEN3 Upgrade CNT Gasoline Engine Parts 2.0T Motor Car Assembly For Audi A3 S3 Golf Auto Accesorios Š“Š²ŠøŠ³Š°Ń‚ŠµŠ»ŃŒ Š±ŠµŠ½Š·ŠøŠ½Š¾Š²Ń‹Š¹
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLshyoO

Funny how they increase the price after someone purchases a unit. It was a cool $400 cheaper just 2 days ago.

They also have CJX engines for you golf R people..but itā€™s almost twice the price. Not worth it if you know what the differences in internal parts are when compared to the regular GTI engines.

Iā€™ll send pictures and video if/when the engine gets here..still debating whether I should run the engine as is for a few thousand miles or just tear it apart and install the forged stuff. Either way I definitely plan to abuse/push the engine..whether it stays stock or is forged
It's now $2,040 USD with "free shipping". Not that I need it, but if my engine code is CXCB as per OBDeleven, does this mean this won't work? Wonder if one can put a Golf R engine in my GTI and build a TCR-lite.

Mksleven

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 gti
It's now $2,040 USD with "free shipping". Not that I need it, but if my engine code is CXCB as per OBDeleven, does this mean this won't work? Wonder if one can put a Golf R engine in my GTI and build a TCR-lite.
It should work just fine. Theyā€™re all the ā€œhigh powerā€ ea888 gen 3s..Iā€™d still confirm with them though just to be sure

Mksleven

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 gti
Iā€™ve sorta been beating the piss out of this engine for a while now. Itā€™s still not fully tuned but itā€™s certainly moving well, and holding up.

Iā€™m considering going to a driving event in Houston to get it on the track.

Asked for a conservative tune on E85, but I think Iā€™ll just go with the usual max ~32-33psi on the XL to keep torque in the acceptable range.

Might ask for a sponsorship in case the thing blows lol. Iā€™ll slap on some decals in heart beat for a spare engine šŸ˜‚

Attachments

• IMG_1856.jpeg
    IMG_1856.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 104

MK7GTIJACOB

Passed Driver's Ed
Iā€™ve sorta been beating the piss out of this engine for a while now. Itā€™s still not fully tuned but itā€™s certainly moving well, and holding up.

Iā€™m considering going to a driving event in Houston to get it on the track.

Asked for a conservative tune on E85, but I think Iā€™ll just go with the usual max ~32-33psi on the XL to keep torque in the acceptable range.

Might ask for a sponsorship in case the thing blows lol. Iā€™ll slap on some decals in heart beat for a spare engine šŸ˜‚
Super awesome to see everything holding up with this! I've been more seriously looking at spare motor's now, and I'm thinking I may buy one of these for my GTI to slap in while I get my OEM engine built. I've got a few friends who can swap these motor's in and out in around 8 hrs time now (They've done it a few times now lola0

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Mksleven

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 gti
Now that looks neat, does it just fit where the old infotainment screen is in the dash? Looks to have apple carplay, android auto, etc. Link?
Yep, Apple CarPlay and android auto. China stuff. It works well though. Just wanted it for the Apple car play

It comes with a black scaffold that holds the new screen, which attaches to where the old infotainment system/scaffold inserts ~

Got the one with the upgraded processor..so far itā€™s been quick

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! $74.39 57ļ¼… Off | For Volkswagen VW Golf 7 MK7 GTI 2011-2021 Car Radio Carplay HD Multimedia Android 10 Auto Qualcomm GPS Stereo Video Player 2din
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNsSaMc