GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

In process: Alibaba GTI build

Mksleven

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 gti
reading this is like that Christmas present you can't use, but just makes you feel good......this is awesome

This thread is longer than I expected, but I’m just glad the thing works

The gift is knowing that there’s an engine replacement option out there for all the hoons destroying shit. Lol The next test is whether the engine will keep itself together with a lil hybrid, elote, and some boost

golfRdaddy

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
17R / 16R
Glad to hear things worked out. I just pulled the trigger on alibaba non express for 2.1k shipped to CA. I just want to get this one back on the road for my girl to putt around in. Definitely will keep this one stock.

Mksleven

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 gti
Glad to hear things worked out. I just pulled the trigger on alibaba non express for 2.1k shipped to CA. I just want to get this one back on the road for my girl to putt around in. Definitely will keep this one stock.
Dude that’s awesome. Did you order from the same seller?

I’m sure keeping it stock is the safer way to go

golfRdaddy

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
17R / 16R
I went with these guys. I was talking with over 10 different vendors and this is the only guy that could answer all my questions without being rude. Paid PayPal, and will see how it goes, ill update you guys in a month or so..

Part Number-
OE NO.
06k100036C, 06K100036D, 06K100038R
Guangzhou Porsun Import & Export Trade Co., Ltd.
https://cn1001812682.en.alibaba.com...7e676e9KmNubt&tracelog=from_orderlist_company

Mksleven

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 gti
Hoping it survives the 2hr drive back to where I reside

I’ll take some video of it running soon 💪

Attachments

• IMG_1763.jpeg
    IMG_1763.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 98

Mksleven

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 gti
She made it. The daily is reunited with the loud dedicated race car :p

It ran well on the base E85 file. I will take a log for the tuner as they request and hopefully get to turning the boost up this week.

Gave it the juice a few times while on the highway and there were no hiccups at all.. haven’t gone WOT though so that is still pending

I should go give the GTI a nice wash now 😆

Attachments

• IMG_1770.jpeg
    IMG_1770.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 118

Mksleven

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 gti
What are the details on the EK hatch?

The deets..it’s an LS/VTEC engine that is fully built with the usual forged internals, running a PTE 6262 turbo..making a safe 550whp on e85. It has room for way more. I just recently added a COP kit, so it’s about to get another tune and get the boost turned up. Goal is ~750whp on this car. The GSR transmission is the weakest link as it stands..I needa get some of those fancy PPG gears in it before I start really pushing it.

It’s a fun car, but it’s definitely not daily-able as it lacks all the creature comforts. And it’s loud

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
super, super cool.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Hmmm. Do they sell a dq381? I know a perfect candidate for a dsg swap.

It's me, I need a dsg.... the 24 tiggy has a slushbox.