GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Important PSA regarding improperly built TPC20 Turbos

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
5 bad Turbos in 3 years, I'm on my 2nd TPC38 replacement, do I have bad luck I 100% do, did lightening strike on me? Possibly. My installers were FFE who are know to build engines, and my 2nd Turbo was installed by PagParts. I finally decided to install this 3rd Turbo myself cause I refuse to pay for another install a 3rd time.

And wait!? All the bad Turbos are from NYC? I'm from freaking NY. How is that even possible!? 5 Turbos installed at different locations by different tuners all failed. What, this can't be just a coincidence.
You've been through five TPC turbo replacements? What is the running conversation with those guys? How is this being covered?

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
You've been through five TPC turbo replacements? What is the running conversation with those guys? How is this being covered?
No I don't have 5. I added my 2 bad turbos to your 3 a year count.

I just didn't know it was all in the NY area that's a shocker to me, how does that even happen?

I've been in back and fourth emails since I first posted my logs with the company. It's the standard procedure that @ZuMBLe has mentioned. I haven't shared the info cause I'm still going through the situation.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP

I just didn't know it was all in the NY area that's a shocker to me, how does that even happen?

I've been in back and fourth emails since I first posted my logs with the company. It's the standard procedure that @ZuMBLe has mentioned. I haven't shared the info cause I'm still going through the situation.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT

Yea man. What are the chances so many cases in NY. Kind of crazy right? You'd think they were selling to all states. If you assu... forget it. :)

I've actually had people from other states contact me also.

But the 3 failed turbos between 3 guys in NY that all know each other IRL is pretty crazy. TPC told the first guy to keep it hush hush, so the 2nd guy bought one thinking all was good. Then I got screwed cuz I thought the TPC20 I bought was a new model turbo, and what were the chances mine would be bad also!!?? So wrong! When you lose that badly, you start to think the game is rigged.

Last edited:

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
All I know is… my Preowned LOBA l0462-ea888 is38 hybrid is still going strong after 30k+ miles at 28/29 psi.

Has the original “performance cover and inlet” 😂 too
View attachment 282908View attachment 282909View attachment 282910
View attachment 282911View attachment 282912
Nice, I've never heard of that turbo. Who's tuning it?
And you must be extremely Spanish to have Mary and Jesus frames. And if you didn't buy them your mom got them for you when you bought your house, ask me how I know?

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
5 bad Turbos in 3 years, I'm on my 2nd TPC38 replacement, do I have bad luck I 100% do, did lightening strike on me? Possibly. My installers were FFE who are know to build engines, and my 2nd Turbo was installed by PagParts. I finally decided to install this 3rd Turbo myself cause I refuse to pay for another install a 3rd time.

And wait!? All the bad Turbos are from NYC? I'm from freaking NY. How is that even possible!? 5 Turbos installed at different locations by different tuners all failed. What, this can't be just a coincidence.
Must be the water.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Nice, I've never heard of that turbo. Who's tuning it?
And you must be extremely Spanish to have Mary and Jesus frames. And if you didn't buy them your mom got them for you when you bought your house, ask me how I know?
Sneeky tuned it at the end of 2020.

I’ve collected them over the years and got this one made in the Philippines 😂 took some $$$ coaxing cause well…

IMG_7555.jpeg

IMG_7554.jpeg