GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

If you knew your car was TD1...

Joel

Ready to race!
Probably should have put that in the OP... just saying.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Any modification to your engine/ecm/exhaust can be TD1 flagged... if a dealer sees an intake, he can most definitely flag you. Ask me how how I know

Since you are pretty sure about your statements, will i get a TD1 with aftermarket wheels or tires [emoji848]

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Any modification to your engine/ecm/exhaust can be TD1 flagged... if a dealer sees an intake, he can most definitely flag you. Ask me how how I know
Well that's a damn shame and good to know lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

adam1991

Banned
Never said I lost my warranty, never said my VW is TD1... simply starting a convo on modding, no need to get your panties in a bunch ladies.

https://www.audizine.com/forum/show...ir-Intake-and-Short-Shifter-now-gives-you-TD1

you said "100% sure" that intake mod generates TD1.

And to prove that, you reference an Audi bulletin that talks to flashing the ECU and how that will flag the car.

Not sure what you're drinking or smoking here, but it must be pretty damn good...

Crackness1

Ready to race!
Read the whole thread

Never said I lost my warranty, never said my VW is TD1... simply starting a convo on modding, no need to get your panties in a bunch ladies.[/url]

Nobody's panties are up in a bunch. You're full of shit and then tell people to "ask you how you know."

So.... uh... go for it.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
You don't know what TD1 is do you... An intake can not change your ecu TD1 flag. The dealer can make a note of the mod, but it will not flag td1

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

APR1

Ready to race!
Nobody's panties are up in a bunch. You're full of shit and then tell people to "ask you how you know."

So.... uh... go for it.

You don't know what TD1 is do you... An intake can not change your ecu TD1 flag. The dealer can make a note of the mod, but it will not flag td1

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OK hotshot, either post up or shut up.

Just posted a link, do you folks not know how to read? Geesh, intrwebz warriors out today

Crackness1

Ready to race!
Just posted a link, do you folks not know how to read? Geesh, intrwebz warriors out today

I can see how trolling can be fun on occasion, but spreading disinformation is for the shit of society. Congratulations.

Haboob

Passed Driver's Ed
So how does this TD1 flag work if you sell your car w/in the warranty period and return it to stock/OEM settings for the new owner (or trade it in to a dealer)? Is the new owner of the car screwed?

Just curious after learning about this TD1 stuff via this thread.

Last edited:

Crackness1

Ready to race!
A dealer can TD1 you for a decal if they wanted to .

...And this is probably why the TD1 doesn't work this way. It works automatically, on VW's side, not the dealer's.

murtaza911

Ready to race!
Have had my car in dealer WITH intake, IS20 (am golf), JB4 and Intercooler..... No TD1. So yeah... You're wrong.

edit: Dealer can definitely refuse something because of my mods, and they have every right to. But that doesn't stop me from finding a more mod friendly dealer.
TD1 would mean I am completely out of options as car is flagged everywhere.