GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

if you could own any car besides your mk7...

KlipZ

Ready to race!
TTRS, Tacoma TRD Pro, GT4,

FriskyDingo

Ready to race!
Cool. Does your dealership sell Huracans? If it does, you may have driven one!

We have in the past. In front of me as I type are a 911 GT3, GT3 RS, Ferrari California, 911 Turbo Cab, and AMG GTS.

Haven't driven the Huracan, but I've driven Gallardos, and others of the Huracan's ilk. Some are great, some aren't as enjoyable to drive as you'd think.

Even after driving most of them, when I get in my GTI afterwards, I'm surprised at how fun and enjoyable it still is.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I've been looking hard at a 4runner, but it doesn't have the same appeal as a GTI or R. There's really nothing out there to cross shop in this category except maybe a WRX and I hear those are hit or miss. Next gen Mazda concept looks amazing but who knows if it will make production.

FriskyDingo

Ready to race!

The GT4 is amazing. I sold one of the 2 we've had in the last year. That was a fantastic car to drive. Fast, but not so much power you couldn't wring it out a little, and of course being manual made it very involving. TT RS was a little bit of a letdown (for the price, and for a sports car), but for a regular driver on the street in an urban setting, it's a riot.

mattd502

Ready to race!
Not offended at all, and didn't mean for it to come off like that. I just think that's an easy answer not grounded in reality. Huracans and the like are awesome, but not really a suitable replacement for a Golf.

I was trying to put some thought into it and pick something semi-reasonable. For an all-out fun car, I second the Singer pick. Though I wouldn't kick a RWD Huracan Spyder or Performante out of the garage either. :D

If I could straight trade my Gti, which i love, for a gt2 and I had to drive it as a daily, I'd find a way and figure it out hahaha

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie

Thanks for reminder.
Add one of these to my list.

And a two wheeler. In red.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
GTR. I know it's not the most expensive car out there but I fell in love when I saw it on Top Gear. I had a chance to rent one for a few laps a while back and it was a blast.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I’d like to get back into a 58 Karmann Ghia again. Add a 23 window bus. And a RS3 as a daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
Hmm. Cost (and climate) no object? DB11. The Aston Martins are, well, drop-dead gorgeous. Though the AMG GTs are amazing looking too.

More "reasonably"? For a summer car, a Cayman S. Always wanted a Porsche, and the Caymans are more appealing to me visually than the 911s. For a year-rounder, one of the high-end AMG 4Matic models, like the S63.

In the realm of actual possibility? A loaded A4 Premier with 6MT maybe. Or perhaps the A5 coupe version just for the slightly cooler looks. A M240i xDrive, for sure, though I want it in a manual which it doesn't have here. A C43 AMG, but the price premium on that is nasty. An S4 or S5? Sure, but I'm not certain the price premium over the A4/A5 is worth it. Maybe a next -gen (2019) 3-series.

On the cheap? Um, well, if it's not a GTI in the sub-30k range, I'm kinda at a loss.

N2fastcars

Ready to race!
If I could keep the GTI as a daily driver then:
I have always wanted but could/will never be able to afford 1966-1967 Big Block Corvette. That would be my choice if money was no issue...
On a reasonable budget, a nice old short box Chevy truck.
No Gti just a nicer, better, faster daily:
Audi RS7, or Porsche Macan Turbo

Since we’re dreaming, I’d love to own one of those second gen Trans Am’s that Detroit Speed and Engineering build... that green 73 Super duty is definitely my favorite

Mk5Dom

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2.0 TDI CRBC
Super intrigued by a Passat R36... In estate form...

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
RS6 Advant as a GTI replacement in this “what if” scenario

2018 Durango R/T as my real life next purchase (can’t afford the SRT with the bigger hemi), but this is the wife’s suv replacement. Gti isn’t going anywhere.

Since I sold my truck once the gti is paid off I’ll probably pick up another Cummins or possibly a 6.4 hemi. Either way, crew or mega can 4th gen