GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

If anyone is looking for a VW related job...

Frank Reynolds

Go Kart Newbie
I’ve worked for small companies the entirety of my career, save for the past 4.5 years where my current company with 600 employees is considered small for our industry. This job posting is giving me PTSD. It’s probably going to be a total bait and switch with horrible compensation, likely no HR department to help handle awful management

I have this strong feeling that the compensation is roughly $45k and no benefits.

dosjockey

Go Kart Champion
We are a one income family, with child and two ginormous labs......tiny house ain't happening. Currently live in a house smaller than 1600 sq ft, so I wouldn't lump me into that group by any means.

I've got about 2,500 square feet, but I cheated. I live in a small warehouse. ?

Thought my living quarters were pretty solid, but it turns out I've arranged about 850 square feet. It would be nice to have a couple hundred more, but I can't be bothered to move any walls.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
I don't understand the animosity towards that company. Do you have personal history or know someone who has personal history with them?

No, dude is just a big talker know it all who needs to try and prove it to all of us at every turn. It's getting quite tiresome, imo.

dosjockey

Go Kart Champion
Don't hold your breath....

Yeah, I don't expect much, but fair is fair. There's always the possibility they don't understand the gravity of what they've done.

It just ticks me off when people take advantage of hopes and dreams. That's the easy way out. There's nothing clever about it at all; nothing to respect.

If one wants to take advantage of people, he should do it with mind or muscle, not cheap tricks.

So far, all I've received is an automated reply, but that's to be expected.

dosjockey

Go Kart Champion
A conversation is happening now. A very thorough (but not defensive or aggressive) reply was sent, and I want to engage in one more stage of communication before posting anything.

As noted, they may just have no idea why it looks like a trick, and this could very well be a case of the actual company being a little too enthusiastic.

That is entirely plausible, and I hope it is the case. If so... Well, in a backwards-ass way this was extremely effective marketing; even if accidental. ?

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I'll make the required corrections.

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I mean, shoot.....I'm half tempted to quit my govt job as it is, and go work for my shop and pick up fabrication as a trade. Literally the only thing keeping me from doing that? Can't pay my mortgage and wife isn't keen on a tiny house.

I’m tempted to do fabrication work full time, but then I remember how expensive house/wife/kids are ?.

Too bad the fun jobs don’t pay well.

I’d consider this as a side gig because I already have great benefits at my real job, but after reading this thread I feel like it’s the equivalent of giving your SSN to a scam caller if you reply to the posting

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Apex is well known in the BMW track community. Between the lines, they're just looking for someone active in the VW community to give them exposure, capture customer data, and increase conversion rates. Seems sales driven, so it's all what you make of it. You can always reach out to someone on LinkedIn active in such a position with Apex and pick their brain.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I’m tempted to do fabrication work full time, but then I remember how expensive house/wife/kids are ?.

Too bad the fun jobs don’t pay well.

Jake

My shop has to farm out fab jobs to a local guy for ALL of their work.....both race and commercial. If you ever want to move to VA.......just sayin'

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
I mean, shoot.....I'm half tempted to quit my govt job as it is, and go work for my shop and pick up fabrication as a trade. Literally the only thing keeping me from doing that? Can't pay my mortgage and wife isn't keen on a tiny house.

I was thinking about doing the same till I realized I’m a GS12-3, work from home 4d/wk, and retire at 57yo.

?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I was thinking about doing the same till I realized I’m a GS12-3, work from home 4d/wk, and retire at 57yo.

?

So this is me pretty much......but will hit my 20 at 58. Still though.......I'm considering....

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
So this is me pretty much......but will hit my 20 at 58. Still though.......I'm considering....

I did the mil buyback, 31 at 57

10yrs for ~$6500 I lol’d.

Last edited:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I did the mil buyback, 31 at 57

10yrs for ~$6500 I lol’d.

Haven't bought mine back yet....still deciding if I'm going to stay and don't want to waste the money...lol

cb1111

Haven't bought mine back yet....still deciding if I'm going to stay and don't want to waste the money...lol
The sooner you buy it back, the cheaper it is as you pay interest from the time you entered govt. service. If you're eligible for retired pay, then you need to do more research to make sure that you won't be subject to offset.