GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IE TrueFlex For 15-18 GTI -All Stages Available NOW!

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Make it so people can protune with your platform and you'll run cobb them entirely out of the market.
For so many, there are zero f's given about pro tuning. They flash/drive/send it/enjoy. It's not their business model and this is handled by so many others but I get the Cobb folks want to have this ability.

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
For so many, there are zero f's given about pro tuning. They flash/drive/send it/enjoy. It's not their business model and this is handled by so many others but I get the Cobb folks want to have this ability.
I'm not in the Cobb camp, I said they should run cobb out of business.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I'm not in the Cobb camp, I said they should run cobb out of business.
That was my point though - they have done the math/looked at it and decided not worth it - why produce tunes that you then let others fiddle with? I really wonder if you do a simple pie chart of all the tunes/tuners for all the MK7s how big the Cobb piece would be vs. the OTS folks like APR? Cobb makes their money on the AP itself where IE is making money on the calibrations.

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
That was my point though - they have done the math/looked at it and decided not worth it - why produce tunes that you then let others fiddle with? I really wonder if you do a simple pie chart of all the tunes/tuners for all the MK7s how big the Cobb piece would be vs. the OTS folks like APR? Cobb makes their money on the AP itself where IE is making money on the calibrations.
At this point we're just yelling at strangers. OTS isn't enough for me, you do you boo.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
At this point we're just yelling at strangers. OTS isn't enough for me, you do you boo.
I wasn't yelling at anyone. OTS isn't enough for you boo and many others so you do you and go with a tuner that isn't IE b/c you aren't their target market. Good thing we in the MK7 world have all of these choices.

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
Any plans for multi port injection support? I could see that being useful for running E85
So far with our TrueFlex Stage 1, 2, & IS38 calibrations, we have not had the need to add additional fuel as of yet. The IS38 is getting close though on higher levels of ethanol in good conditions. As we push harder into development for tuning of the Garrett POWERmax turbos and such, it's very likely that LPFP & MPI kits could be a supported or even required feature for certain turbos in the future. As of right now, all our advertised power is on HPFP only and making for killer results.

lamb110

Go Kart Champion
I finished my Autotech HPFP and Trueflex kit install today and finally flashed over to the IS38 HPFP Trueflex tune… omg so worth it. This is coming from someone who has been running GIAC IS38 tuning for the last 3-4 years.

Theyres a huge difference in power, and it is so much smoother too. Hard to explain but damn, I enjoy driving my car again.

Oh and if anyone is curious you can easily check your ethanol percentage with ODB11 once you wire in IE’s harness / sensor. Not sure if you need to flash the tune too because I didn’t check until after I had flashed to the TrueFlex tune, but I’m currently at 27% Ethanol and it’s hand down faster than the GIAC tune I was running. I’m going to drive around a bunch tomorrow to burn off some space jn my tank to get to ~70% and will report back.

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
I finished my Autotech HPFP and Trueflex kit install today and finally flashed over to the IS38 HPFP Trueflex tune… omg so worth it. This is coming from someone who has been running GIAC IS38 tuning for the last 3-4 years.

Theyres a huge difference in power, and it is so much smoother too. Hard to explain but damn, I enjoy driving my car again.

Oh and if anyone is curious you can easily check your ethanol percentage with ODB11 once you wire in IE’s harness / sensor. Not sure if you need to flash the tune too because I didn’t check until after I had flashed to the TrueFlex tune, but I’m currently at 27% Ethanol and it’s hand down faster than the GIAC tune I was running. I’m going to drive around a bunch tomorrow to burn off some space jn my tank to get to ~70% and will report back.
Awesome, so glad you love it! TrueFlex is for sure some spicey stuff.

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
This sounds promising. I have E85 pumps all over the place where I live. I'll be patiently waiting for the 2019+ tunes to be released.

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
@Tyler@IE How are the 2019-21 IS38 Flex maps looking? Will I be running corn come this spring?
We hit some slow downs with the 15-18 R/S3 TrueFlex, but that's just around the corner now. 19-21 GTI/A3 is the first on the list after launch.

tmoe

So far with our TrueFlex Stage 1, 2, & IS38 calibrations, we have not had the need to add additional fuel as of yet. The IS38 is getting close though on higher levels of ethanol in good conditions. As we push harder into development for tuning of the Garrett POWERmax turbos and such, it's very likely that LPFP & MPI kits could be a supported or even required feature for certain turbos in the future. As of right now, all our advertised power is on HPFP only and making for killer results.
Curious how to check ethanol content with VCDS?

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
If I were to tune my 2019 this is the route I'd take.