GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How VW of America took care of me when the dealer F'd up!

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
You'll likely have less cost there since they are newer and will probably match or beat any other VW dealer in the Sac area. That however goes both ways. Haha.

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
Weird situation. My car has self adhesive number plates .. really no need to drill anything ..

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
I would watch using zip ties as in the sun they can become brittle and break. Plate might fall off on road. Wire tie would be better. They make some in stainless steel.

Zip tying your plate on looks like hell.
I see people who don't like the look of a bumper mounted front plate, or don't want their bumper drilled, go this route only to make their brand new car look like it was in an accident.
If you must, get one of those tow hook plate mounts.

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Zip tying your plate on looks like hell.
I see people who don't like the look of a bumper mounted front plate, or don't want their bumper drilled, go this route only to make their brand new car look like it was in an accident.
If you must, get one of those tow hook plate mounts.

Yeah I agree on the zip tie. My plan is a US Millworks tow hook mount like you mentioned. My only issue would be the paeking sensors. Not sure what to do there. I doubt I'll ever come to that though.

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
All nice and smooth. Total cost to VW was ~$1800.

Old one in the back. Lets see you do that in your S3. Haha.

Last edited:

JT641

Banned
Went through the same thing for my MK6 GTI, Found a couple threads on MK6 where dealers did it without having to call VWofA, Walnut Creek VW being one I can remember. In my case I bought my car from one Dealer Capitol VW in San Jose but they got it from another Redwood City VW. I ended up doing the same as you the Capitol VW Manager was a rude prick, So I contacted VWofA and from there was contacted by the Vice President of the Dealer Group Del Grande Dealer Group and it was taken care. Personally I wouldn't have accepted the car, Sometimes it's worth it to maybe pay a little extra to get exactly what you want and/or deal with the dealer face to face which sometimes you end up with the same result anyways. Time is money after all. I've heard Niello is a good Dealer to deal with.

napadirt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2DR PP MT, Macan
Sorry I did not read the whole thing.

My front bumper cover has ghastly holes in it. I hate that dealers they do this! I bought my car off the lot so it was not an option to intervene.

When my dad orders a new car he's there waiting for the car to arrive on the car carier to make sure they don't wash it or drill the front bumper. Quick detail jobs by the dealer are a good way to add scratches and swirl marks.

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Sorry I did not read the whole thing.

My front bumper cover has ghastly holes in it. I hate that dealers they do this! I bought my car off the lot so it was not an option to intervene.

When my dad orders a new car he's there waiting for the car to arrive on the car carier to make sure they don't wash it or drill the front bumper. Quick detail jobs by the dealer are a good way to add scratches and swirl marks.

Your dad is a smart man!