GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

[HOW TO PATCH Component Protection] MIB2 Technisat/Preh Headunit Patch(gps headunits only with 2 sd card slots)

dawcioral

Car(s)
MK7.5
if your mib2 unit its written "HW:04xx , SW:04xx " then offcourse you can update to 480
obd11.jpg

My unit has SW:0475 and HW:H41. I'm attaching a screenshot of obd11.

what do you mean by long start .? you been your radio is play after a delay .?
When I get in the car, start the engine, the FM radio does not play(MIB is on). When I go to Media and SD card music plays. I go into the FM radio again and there is silence. It takes a minute or two for the FM radio to start playing music. This is annoying, maybe newer software will fix it?

ash9949

Ready to race!
Car(s)
golf 7
View attachment 283816

My unit has SW:0475 and HW:H41. I'm attaching a screenshot of obd11.

When I get in the car, start the engine, the FM radio does not play(MIB is on). When I go to Media and SD card music plays. I go into the FM radio again and there is silence. It takes a minute or two for the FM radio to start playing music. This is annoying, maybe newer software will fix it?
Yes you can update

Larson

if you disable RVC_LOW in module 5F long coding, does parking sensor display works?
Do you have 8 sensors (4 front and 4 rear), 12 sensors (6 front and 6 rear) or 4 sensors (4 just rear)?
So only 4 rear sensors, when i disable camera, pdc is ok but one icon is disabled, and park sound manager in radio menu is disabled too.

Here is the 5f extract, if you see something with bad coding :) (possible radio bought on ebay)
Thanks !!!

Attachments

• pdc 4.jpg
    pdc 4.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 54
  • adpmap-5F-3Q0-035-846-A_.zip
    8.9 KB · Views: 56

Larson

log in english, i think unit's got a problem with park assist and camera in same time

Attachments

• adpmap-technisat polo_.zip
    15.6 KB · Views: 54

Giannis20vt

Car(s)
GOLF MK7.5 TDI
What is the way to remove the toolbox from the unit ?
I will return my car to the Leasing company, so i need to remove the extra things.

edsonmassao

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI DSG
Hi all, I have a Technisat MIB2 and I was able to update it to the latest firmware of the correct train (VW_ZR_P0369T). I saw some tutorials from @mr-fix YT channel and it says MIB2 needs to be patched to apply FEC/SWAP codes.

Since the first post was edited, I would like to confirm how to correctly patch the Technisat unit, and what is the patch archive I need to use. I found 2 files:

1. VW_ZR_P0369T_FEC_ALL_CID_OFF_CP_OFF_SPORT_FIXED
  2. VW_ZR_P0369T_FEC_ALL_CID_OFF_SPORT_FIXED

I suppose the second one should be the one since I don't have any Component Protection error. Am I on the correct path?

Thanks!

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
Yes, CP_OFF means that the patch will additionally bypass the Component Protection function limitations.
You can also enable developer mode, install MST2 Toolbox and perform live patching. This will modify system files instead of replacing them with pre-patched ones.

edsonmassao

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI DSG
Yes, CP_OFF means that the patch will additionally bypass the Component Protection function limitations.
You can also enable developer mode, install MST2 Toolbox and perform live patching. This will modify system files instead of replacing them with pre-patched ones.
Thanks for the response, mr-fix. Before reading your comment I copied the files of "VW_ZR_P0369T_FEC_ALL_CID_OFF_SPORT_FIXED" in a SD card and took the lunch time to try to upload using the same procedure to update the firmware, should it work in this way? And is there a chance the firmware I downloaded from Mibsolutions site was already patched? Because when I try to update it didn't show anything to apply/update :|

I generated a FEC/SWaP code to clear illegal FECs but it didn't remove the invalid codes, so maybe it is still not patched :|

I need to say I don't have OBD eleven and I'm trying to apply codes using Car Scanner Android app. I think in some way it works because I tried to apply a code for Performance Monitor and it added a invalid mark in the Installed Codes...

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
firmware images are not patched. those are unmodified files.
patch installation looks just like a regular firmware update, but it takes 1 minute.
You can use CarScanner to enable developer mode.

edsonmassao

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI DSG
firmware images are not patched. those are unmodified files.
patch installation looks just like a regular firmware update, but it takes 1 minute.
You can use CarScanner to enable developer mode.
I've realized that developer mode is already enabled and, guest what, my MIB2 has and older version of Toolbox, the GEM is a 3.xx version, but everytime I access it the unit freezes and I need to force a reset. Didn't mention but my unit is a non-navi one, only one SD slot.

It's starting to getting complicated, I think I will leave it as it is now, at least I was able to update to the latest official firmware for the SW train.

Hope this topic continue because is a good source of information :)

Thanks mr-fix, appreciate your help and really like the content of your YT channel!