GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to install fog lights on Golf MK 7 2.0 tdi SE

Mak69

Hi I have a golf mk 7 2.0 tdi blue motion SE. There is currently a black panel where the fog lights should go. Can some let me know if it is possible to install standard OEM fog lights??

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Hi I have a golf mk 7 2.0 tdi blue motion SE. There is currently a black panel where the fog lights should go. Can some let me know if it is possible to install standard OEM fog lights??
Mak: Yes, It should be possible to install OEM fog light fittings in your car.

There are two aspects to the retro-fit;

1. Physical install: This involves installing the two fog light assemblies, running new wires to the BCM (and earth) and installing a new rotary light switch (Euro-switch) with a front fog-light position.

Here's the wiring diagram and a picture showing the BCM arrangement. (only two new wires needed plus the earth connections - you will also need to buy the wire and two pins for the "B" Socket on the BCM). Also, the new "Euro-switch" (with a fog-light position) needs to have a 9-wire loom for the 10-pin connector - you should check your current loom for this requirement.

2. BCM Software changes : Once you install the fog lights, wires and switch, you will need to tell the BCM that new stuff has been connected to it. This is done by making changes to the coding string on the 09-Central Electr. control module. You will also need to set-up the Leuchte channel-sets for the Left & Right fogs in the BCM's adapatation channels.
These changes are not difficult, but you will need access to a VCDS cable to make these alterations.

Here's a screen-shot of the kind-of Coding string changes that will need to be made (i.e. tick Bit 3 in the piture below):

And here is a table of the required Leuchte programming changes to the BCM adaptation channels (please note that I have assumed that you want to install incandescent fogs):

That's it!!
Cheers
Don

Last edited:

Mak69

Thanks for the reply. Would you know what set of hardware I would need to make this happen? This is for the standard set of VW Golf MK7 GT factory fit fog light.

GolfPilot

Ready to race!
Where is the BCM module located?

Did you ever find how to locate the BCM?

GP

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Did you ever find how to locate the BCM?

GP

GolfPilot: LHD, or RHD car? Not sure- anyway here's a picture showing BCM location for both
Don