GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How do you guys feel about MK7 stage 2 Unitronic?

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
I mean pick when it shifts in any mode. All of that is customizable.
Wow I didn't know Unitronic offered that. That's pretty sick. I imagine I have to buy their cable and flash it myself vs doing it at a shop to take advantage of that feature?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Wow I didn't know Unitronic offered that. That's pretty sick. I imagine I have to buy their cable and flash it myself vs doing it at a shop to take advantage of that feature?
No. Unitronic offers none of that. You have to move away from these commercial companies if you want nice things. They aren't interested because it requires actual effort.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
No. Unitronic offers none of that. You have to move away from these commercial companies if you want nice things. They aren't interested because it requires actual effort.
They aren't interested because folks that are interested won't buy their stuff regardless...know your market and don't try to be everything to everyone.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
unitronic is for people who daily-drive the car 99% of the time and would be upset if they lost 5mpg from their transmission working like a performance car should

tigeo

Autocross Champion
unitronic is for people who daily-drive the car 99% of the time and would be upset if they lost 5mpg from their transmission working like a performance car should
Seems to work okay for me on track...that's what manual mode is for🤷‍♂️

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
I'm just upset at how IE calibrated the DQ250 and why I would never recommend them. My friends recommended IE to me at the time. For whatever reason, IE's DQ380/DQ381 tune is calibrated much better for both upshifts and downshifts and IE refuses to fix it. To call themselves a performance tuner while having the transmission refuse to downshift below 1500RPM at half throttle when at the same time they say the shift points are higher so they the turbo is spooled up at all times is crazy. Too often do I have to wait for RPMs to build and the turbo to slowly kick in to actually get going.

Edit: Is it possible to swap my DQ250 with a DQ380/DQ381 into the GTI? 2018 had only the 6 speed DSG in NA while Asia and EU got the 7 speed DSG.