GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How are the EQT OTS / base Accessport tunes?

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Hire someone to help you automate your processes (and your end-user experience). I bet Zendesk, python, javascript and some front-end work could make your world SO MUCH better than it is today.
Sounds so easy doesn't it? :p

Seriously though guys... I'm a software engineer as well and well versed in web apps. We are limited by Cobb's platform and how the files are locked to the AP serial number. There is no API or even command line option to do this and Cobb has not been receptive in providing us something like this. That means there is currently absolutely no way for us to automate file fulfillment. Every file that is sent out must be manually opened and locked to the AP Serial before it is dispatched to the customer.

And before you say it.... the Cobb files are very well encrypted as well.

-- Ed

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
FYI:

EQT wants to honor all of our fighting men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice in service of our country.

28 May - 31 May, we will be running our Memorial Day Sale to remember and honor these brave souls.

We hope you all have a great weekend and stay safe!

View attachment 215321

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
FYI:

EQT wants to honor all of our fighting men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice in service of our country.

28 May - 31 May, we will be running our Memorial Day Sale to remember and honor these brave souls.

View attachment 215321

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
EQT E85 Staged Tunes are now live for VW/Audi MQB!

No more mixing E30 at the pump and no need to custom tune for full E85! These Stage 1/2 files will run well on E60-E85 which you can get straight from most E85 pumps.

These tunes require that you have an upgraded high pressure fuel pump (we recommend the Autotech upgraded internals). Power levels will be very similar to the current E30 staged tunes, but due to the increased octane, power will be more consistent with hotter intake air temperatures. This will especially help those in hotter climates or with stock intercoolers.

The tunes and the Autotech HPFP are now available for purchase on our website. www.EQTuning.com

Wanting to order this tune but not sure which VLK number is correct. Is it VLK-0024158 or VLK0204040 ?

20210530_154155.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
That's how it came from EQT.

Is 4158 the order number maybe? You can check on the AP itself, but it should be the one printed on the box.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
FYI:

View attachment 215321

Does the $50 staged tunes apply to DSG tunes as well? Can you get both ECU and TCU for $50 each?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I've asked other tuners this question, but since you guys seem to be able to do more than the average tuner is it possible you can raise the idle?
i talked to cobb directly about this before and they said that the table is open and adjustable on the access tuner pro and that it was possible for tuners to adjust.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Fucking Stratified told me its impossible lmao

Im sure this means I would have to buy (another) protune though

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Not true. We don't currently have idle speed settings in Cobb software. I have recently put in a request to add them, so its on their list.

-- Ed