GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How are the EQT OTS / base Accessport tunes?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
My car just threw this today protuned, and catless downpipe getting rich and lean codes from post cat but they stored they didn’t illuminate my cel. So i should unplug rear o2?
That's what Ed recommends.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
My car just threw this today protuned, and catless downpipe getting rich and lean codes from post cat but they stored they didn’t illuminate my cel. So i should unplug rear o2?
Yes, my own observations and experiences-- you have a P0420 code or soft code even... it will run a wee bit rich. Solution is to unplug the rear O2. This will not allow several readiness monitors to complete, but otherwise no downsides.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
FYI, we released a minor update to all staged tunes - v2.52.

This update is entirely optional and only affects manual transmission cars. We had some reports from manual drivers that the throttle pedal was a bit too sensitive for their liking, so we revised it and had a handful of customers test it. The reports have all been positive, so we have now released this in the new revision.

If you drive a manual transmission car and would like a less sensitive pedal feel, this update is for you. Otherwise no need to update.

Thanks
-- Ed

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
As of now I'm leaning towards fcp IS38 kit, autotech hpfp and sneekytuned map. All in would be ~1600. That's reasonable.

Self bump.

This is the route I ended up taking and pretty much exactly what it cost.

IS38: $1000
autotech pump: about tree fiddy
tuna: $250

Running an E48 map, which came with a 91 map which was a very reasonable $250, including log analysis and one revision for both maps. I think that's some good value. I've had it going for about a week now and it was worth doing.

Agray

Go Kart Champion
Has anyone had a shop install the autotech internals in their fuel pump with success? I frankly don't have the time or the tools.

TheMechanicDude

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
FYI, we released a minor update to all staged tunes - v2.52.

This update is entirely optional and only affects manual transmission cars. We had some reports from manual drivers that the throttle pedal was a bit too sensitive for their liking, so we revised it and had a handful of customers test it. The reports have all been positive, so we have now released this in the new revision.

If you drive a manual transmission car and would like a less sensitive pedal feel, this update is for you. Otherwise no need to update.

Thanks
-- Ed
Does the end user have to fork out another $25 for the updated revision? Only minor hang up I have. Revisions to an OTS tune should IMO be included with the initial spend.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Does the end user have to fork out another $25 for the updated revision? Only minor hang up I have. Revisions to an OTS tune should IMO be included with the initial spend.
Yes they do if they choose to do so. The update is entirely optional as mentioned.

We only charge the nominal fee for updates because each one has to be fulfilled manually on our end. This takes time that we have to pay someone for.

-- Ed

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Self bump.

This is the route I ended up taking and pretty much exactly what it cost.

IS38: $1000
autotech pump: about tree fiddy
tuna: $250

Running an E48 map, which came with a 91 map which was a very reasonable $250, including log analysis and one revision for both maps. I think that's some good value. I've had it going for about a week now and it was worth doing.
Not sure why you're talking about sneeky in a discussion about EQT tunes. FWIW, we also offer all manners of custom tuning and can get anyone set up with whatever setup and fuel meets their goals.

Thanks
-- Ed
Sir..

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
EQT E85 Staged Tunes are now live for VW/Audi MQB!

No more mixing E30 at the pump and no need to custom tune for full E85! These Stage 1/2 files will run well on E60-E85 which you can get straight from most E85 pumps.

These tunes require that you have an upgraded high pressure fuel pump (we recommend the Autotech upgraded internals). Power levels will be very similar to the current E30 staged tunes, but due to the increased octane, power will be more consistent with hotter intake air temperatures. This will especially help those in hotter climates or with stock intercoolers.

The tunes and the Autotech HPFP are now available for purchase on our website. www.EQTuning.com

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 4.31.52 PM.jpg

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
I did listen and it cost me $160. I went back to the RS7 plugs which are just 1 step colder instead of 2 steps like the racing plugs that Ed recommends. And the next set will be the Ruthenium plugs that are stock heat range. Don't take my word read below.

https://gensportunited.com/need-colder-spark-plugs/
Saw a few others recommend the Ruth's so I have been running them for the past few thousand miles without issue.

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
Yes they do if they choose to do so. The update is entirely optional as mentioned.

We only charge the nominal fee for updates because each one has to be fulfilled manually on our end. This takes time that we have to pay someone for.

-- Ed

Hire someone to help you automate your processes (and your end-user experience). I bet Zendesk, python, javascript and some front-end work could make your world SO MUCH better than it is today.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Hire someone to help you automate your processes (and your end-user experience). I bet Zendesk, python, javascript and some front-end work could make your world SO MUCH better than it is today.
Thats what I do for a living... Just sayin...