GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Houston VW owners

mbmb

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm in the Heights, and I got a 2015 GTI a couple of weeks ago. If anyone has a VCDS to loan for a few days, I'd like to borrow it.

If not, I'll buy one and loan it.

Thanks,
MB

SHFT

Ready to race!
Hey guys, I live in south Florida and may possible be relocating to Houston. Anything I should know? Good areas to live in? We are a family of four with 2 kids, age 4. Is there an APR dealer? How's the VW scene? Family life, etc. any help is appreciated. Thanks!!!!

wlfpck

Ready to race!
Good APR dealer is European Legacy Motorsports.

The guy that owns it also owns Katy Coach Works.

They do AWESOME work. The body shop is certified to work on Teslas and is a preferred/authorized Mercedes and Aston Martin body shop as well.

Good area to live in would be like Clear Lake or Woodland (sp?). It all depends where you work or what you want to be around.

I just moved here about 5 months ago, so not really sure. Haven't really met many people since I'm swamped at work.

wlfpck

Ready to race!
Just moved to Katy and have a tentative 2016 R order.

I also have a VCDS and would be happy to help anyone code their car.

OOO I may have to buy some beer and take you up on that. :p

In case you ever need shop work done or w/e, hit ups Katy Coach Works and European Legacy Motorsports. They're both owned by the same person. Katy Coach Works does some awesome body work and European Legacy Motorsports does tuning and performance stuff.

Planning on getting my stage 1 done at ELM.

cthang

Hey guys, I've got the Euro LED tail lights coming in this week from shopdap with the adapter harness. I'm not too worried about installing the actual tail lights themselves, but the adapter harness, which requires removing some panels and wiring things around I'm not sure about plus vagcom coding afterwards. Can anyone recommend a place or person in Houston for that part of the install? Thanks!

Miguel1

Ready to race!
Hey guys, I've got the Euro LED tail lights coming in this week from shopdap with the adapter harness. I'm not too worried about installing the actual tail lights themselves, but the adapter harness, which requires removing some panels and wiring things around I'm not sure about plus vagcom coding afterwards. Can anyone recommend a place or person in Houston for that part of the install? Thanks!
They have an install video on their YouTube page for both the install of the harness and the coding. If you need vag com PM me.

Mk620T

Ready to race!
Montrose area - have VCDS. I've done most of the mods people want (custom tail blinking, traction control, windows, seatbelt chime, XDS, seat memory...). PM if you're interested.

wlfpck

Ready to race!
call European legacy motorsports. They should be able to help with the panels and stuff. Then you can have them do the coding or someone else do the coding.

mattchow

Ready to race!
just pull the panels yourself, there are videos online about it. get familiar with your car. i just pulled off the front bumper to install the becautoparts golf r replica headlights on my gsw.

just finished a round of simple mods on the gsw..

BECautopart Golf R Replica Headlights
OEM Bike Holder
OEM Roof Rack
Neuspeed Power Module
Rear Slip On Exhaust Tips Plastidipped Black
Dead Pedal + Gas/Brake Pedal
Plastidip Front Grille Chrome
Debadge Rear GOLF + TSI Emblems
BFI Stage 1 Torque Arm Insert