GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Houston VW owners

Mk620T

Ready to race!
Did y'all ever meet up? I'm in Bellaire - Black TDI SE 6spd w/lighting. There's not too much you can do to TDI's at the moment since the suspension and engine are different - just vagcom really. I've done seat heater memory, seat belt chime, gauge staging, windows/sunroof via keyfob, turned XDS to strong, enabled some extra lighting functions, and added oil temp to the mfd.

Previous cars: '03 Audi TT 225 Unitronic Stg 2, '03 GTI 1.8T t3/t4 50 trim, '07 2dr GTI pkg. 2 6spd Malone Stg. 2, '09 Jetta TDI 6spd, '12 2dr GTI 6spd APR Stg. 1

nis240sxt

Ready to race!
Just got a 2015 GTI S Reflex Silver 4dr DSG 3 weeks ago. I live around the Astrodome area. Good to see others in Houston on the MK7 platform.

Did y'all ever meet up? I'm in Bellaire - Black TDI SE 6spd w/lighting. There's not too much you can do to TDI's at the moment since the suspension and engine are different - just vagcom really. I've done seat heater memory, seat belt chime, gauge staging, windows/sunroof via keyfob, turned XDS to strong, enabled some extra lighting functions, and added oil temp to the mfd.

Previous cars: '03 Audi TT 225 Unitronic Stg 2, '03 GTI 1.8T t3/t4 50 trim, '07 2dr GTI pkg. 2 6spd Malone Stg. 2, '09 Jetta TDI 6spd, '12 2dr GTI 6spd APR Stg. 1

Can you please explain in detail how you were able to change your XDS setting? Thanks in advance! :)

Mk620T

Ready to race!
Sure. You need Ross Tech's VCDS cable - the software is free. Once connected:

Select [03] ABS module
Select security access(I believe) down in the lower right
Enter the code 40168 and click submit or whatever the button is
Select Adaptation.
Now you should be presented with a drop down.
Try selecting Expanded Differential Lock.
If it says unavailable look through the list and find the entry with no name.
At this point you should be able to see the current value and change it.
Select the desired value and hit "Do it".

You can close the window and re enter it to double check the value. A test drive should reveal a HUGE difference in cornering ability. This made my TDI go around a corner just as well as my mk1 Audi TT Quattro. Do keep in mind it uses your brakes, so theres the possibility of increased brake wear and earlier brake fade.

mbmb

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm in the Heights, and I got a 2015 GTI a couple of weeks ago. If anyone has a VCDS to loan for a few days, I'd like to borrow it.

If not, I'll buy one and loan it.

Thanks,
MB

mbmb

Passed Driver's Ed
I now have a VCDS. Contact me if you'd like to use or borrow it.

MB

SHFT

Ready to race!
Hey guys, I live in south Florida and may possible be relocating to Houston. Anything I should know? Good areas to live in? We are a family of four with 2 kids, age 4. Is there an APR dealer? How's the VW scene? Family life, etc. any help is appreciated. Thanks!!!!

wlfpck

Ready to race!
Good APR dealer is European Legacy Motorsports.

The guy that owns it also owns Katy Coach Works.

They do AWESOME work. The body shop is certified to work on Teslas and is a preferred/authorized Mercedes and Aston Martin body shop as well.

Good area to live in would be like Clear Lake or Woodland (sp?). It all depends where you work or what you want to be around.

I just moved here about 5 months ago, so not really sure. Haven't really met many people since I'm swamped at work.

wlfpck

Ready to race!
Just moved to Katy and have a tentative 2016 R order.

I also have a VCDS and would be happy to help anyone code their car.

OOO I may have to buy some beer and take you up on that. :p

In case you ever need shop work done or w/e, hit ups Katy Coach Works and European Legacy Motorsports. They're both owned by the same person. Katy Coach Works does some awesome body work and European Legacy Motorsports does tuning and performance stuff.

Planning on getting my stage 1 done at ELM.