GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Horrible Luck with my car

mfarmy1327

What did it cost you all in if you don't mind sharing?

Seems that the only model years with reported engine problems are 2015s. Probably just bad luck. Sorry to hear man.

so they quoted a new engine at roughly $14,000, and I wasn't about to dish that out, so they were able to source a used engine and plus install and removed all my parts and putting the stock ones on, the deal came out to $6000 cash so that the dealer didn't get hit with credit card tax or whatever its called haha

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
InSince no one has said this yet.... Take that stupid dv+ off and put stock intake on with a better filter (unless the one you bought was a closed element like apr). Did you do this already with the new engine?

mfarmy1327

InSince no one has said this yet.... Take that stupid dv+ off and put stock intake on with a better filter (unless the one you bought was a closed element like apr). Did you do this already with the new engine?

Oh ya everything is complete stock now, I just need to get a drop in filter. Haha I had no idea a stock turbo without a tune peak boosts at like 18psi, least that’s what I’ve seen on my p3

GTI Dude 11

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
gti
This exact same thing happened to me and it keeps coming up on this forum. I had an apr tune and had an epc light with zero compression on cylinder 4....what year was your car and what tune we’re you? Did you notice a decrease in gas mileage at all before this is?

mfarmy1327

This exact same thing happened to me and it keeps coming up on this forum. I had an apr tune and had an epc light with zero compression on cylinder 4....what year was your car and what tune we’re you? Did you notice a decrease in gas mileage at all before this is?

2015, I had been eurodyne stage 1.5 for a bit then went stage 2 when I got my downpipe. Couldn’t say much on gas mileage, the only thing I kept noticing was my oil level going low every 2 weeks but that’s because it was leaking into the cylinders

mfarmy1327

I thought about this post yesterday while driving, sure the dv+ made some cool pssh noise, but damn the stock dv def holds boost way better