GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hit Deer, Need Advice

Jacobmk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI S 4dr DSG
So I just had a deer run into the side of my GTI, mess up up the quarter panel really good and shattered my Ed’s replica headlight. Does Ed sell just one headlight or do I have to buy the pair? Any help would be appreciated!

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Email him would be the way to go.
Do you have pictures of the car?
Glad you are safe and it was only the side of the car hit.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
What’s his email?
He’s no longer in the headlight business… I’m afraid you’ll have to buy a new pair from BMP Tuning or another brand such as Osram.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Insurance time.......

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
If you're claiming, don't clean anything off the car. The adjuster wants to see blood and guts and hair and stuff.
you're not lying. Deer hit me while I was going 78.....ran into my Volvo years ago. I called state police.........first thing they did was look for hair, blood, bone and then rust on bent body panels to see if I was lying.....I asked and they said people try and pull insurance fraud all the time

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
The deer ultimately paid the ultimate cause for being hit. If i were you i would find his families patch of grass in the woods. Bring tall shrubs and berries as condolance. The presentation isnt too important to them; its really the thought that counts. Remember you are not trying to admit fault but you are also trying to avoid them sending a hitman in retaliation. Justice is blind. If you offer money, dont present it as '100 bucks', and dont stare at them if they stare at you.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
That sucks, at least everyone is ok. Well, except the deer.

My wife hit a dead deer in an Accord. No damage, but the underbody was covered in blood, guts and fur. Couldn't find anyone to clean it up.

I'd recommend against ever using the self carwash foaming brush. You never know what it might have been used for.......

Jacobmk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI S 4dr DSG
Appreciate the help guys, some of his fur got stuck between the rim and tire so I think it should be pretty hard for the insurance company to deny.