GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hit a pothole.

Jonnymk7.5

Go Kart Newbie
I was commuting to work. On the same road I take everyday when I hit a pothole going slow. That big hole wasn't there a couple days ago. Anyway heard a bang. I knew i had a flat. Pulled over changed front right wheel. Examined the tire and it had a nice cut on the bead. Surprisingly no damage to rim! Stock 18s are tough as nails! Tire only had 10k miles. Barely worn.

cb1111

Were you the only one with a flat? If not, then you might be able to file a claim with the municipality or owner of the road.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
I once hit a huge bump where there was some road construction. There was a sign that I believe said ‘dip’ or something similar. In any case I was way over the posted speed. The change in road surfaces was at least 6 inches. I hit the gap so hard I swore I had two instant flats. I was shocked the air bags didn’t go off. It sounded like a bomb and everything flew off of my visors. I was sure I had two bent wheels. Checked everything out. Zero damage. Sometimes 25 pound wheels have their advantages. :)

Jonnymk7.5

Go Kart Newbie
I once hit a huge bump where there was some road construction. There was a sign that I believe said ‘dip’ or something similar. In any case I was way over the posted speed. The change in road surfaces was at least 6 inches. I hit the gap so hard I swore I had two instant flats. I was shocked the air bags didn’t go off. It sounded like a bomb and everything flew off of my visors. I was sure I had two bent wheels. Checked everything out. Zero damage. Sometimes 25 pound wheels have their advantages. :)
I rather drive with heavy duty rims with low profile tires in rough pothole ridden roads. Northeast winters take a toll on roads.

zinfamous

Go Kart Newbie
came for terrifying pictures of busted rim and/or grueling struggle to get city to pay for damages. left unentertained, and a bit disappointed.

StockblockGLI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GLI
The roads are brutal here, specially after all this snow and salt. At first I didn't like that my GLI came with 45 profile tires vs 40...Heck, I was even going to throw some sport springs on it...After this week, I have changed my mind. Nope.

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
i once hit a curve in a parking lot hard asf. There was like this unnecessary cross walk for the pedestrians in the middle of the small parking lot. I got out of the store hoped in my car, went into reverse then off at a good speed. Out of nowhere I hear a BANG and the left side of the car hopped over the curve. Felt like I had a jeep for moment. I went outside to check my car and the tire got punctured on the side wall. The OEM wheel hit that curve like a champ tho! Luckily with no scratch or damage. However, I did F up my side skirt.

I know how it feels. Mine only had like 5k miles prob less.

Dervdave

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK7 GTD
I hit a brick lying in the middle of the road, no damage to nearside wheel or tyre but within a short while the wheel bearing was shot