GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help with rear coilover spring length

00Zero

Go Kart Newbie
I want to up my rear spring rates to add some flat ride as @xXDavidCXx and others have done to further smooth out the ride.

This is merely my warm-wagon so nothing too extreme planned.

I figure a 325-350lb rear spring should do me fine as an starting point. (i do have a softer 22mm rear bar to keep from getting rear happy, should have about the same balance as my current 24mm rear bar alone.)

What I'm trying to figure out is how long of a spring ill need to stay at stock ride height (GSW is +15mm on a GTI).

I plan on using a BC racing rear coil adjustable perch as they are easily available and cheap. (looks about 3in of adjustment range, can anyone confirm this?)

Based on the eibach sport spring lengths and the ohlins road and track install instructions; I think a 8in 350lb spring with about an 1in of lift dialed on the coil perch should get me close but I just want a simple sounding board to see if that sounds right.

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I want to up my rear spring rates to add some flat ride as @xXDavidCXx and others have done to further smooth out the ride.
Based on the eibach sport spring lengths and the ohlins road and track install instructions; I think a 8in 350lb spring with about an 1in of lift dialed on the coil perch should get me close but I just want a simple sounding board to see if that sounds right.
Your estimation is right on.