GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help with Front assist not available.

majorhavoc257

Hi all, So to start I was driving to work one day and the front assist not available warning popped up. I wasn't to concerned about it. Now I'm on my days off an I thought I would just check and see what was going on.
First I plugged my Obd11 in and ran a scan and there was a code for it being misadjusted. So I tried to clear the code to see if it would just go away, It clear the code and comes back right away. So then I thought I would use my VCDS and I scanned to codes and there are 2 codes. I took it to the shop to see if it maybe was a a bad sensor and then to have it replaced under warranty but they called me back saying it need to be calibrated and quoted $876 to have it done which is absolutely outrageous. I told them no and i just picked up the car.
to add I cleaned the emblem and the took the emblem off and cleaned the front of the sensor .

I have also attached the full scan from VCDS

Any help would be great if anything ill just code the front assist out.

2 Faults Found:
0267 - Sensor for Automatic Distance Regulation; Incorrectly Positioned
C1103 00 [00001001] - -
[FAULT_ALIGNMENT_NOT_OK]
Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Priority: 4
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 135
Mileage: 43531 km
Date: 2023.12.26
Time: 16:24:50

Control Module temperature: 41 °C
Voltage terminal 15: 12.0 V
Velocity_vehicle_reference: 0.00 m/s
Longitudinal_acceleration_vehicle_reference: 0.00 m/s²
Status_ACC_System: ACC_reversible_error

0791 - Sensor for Automatic Distance Regulation; Incorrectly Positioned
C1103 00 [00001001] - -
[FAULT_MISALIGNMENT_VERTICAL]
Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Priority: 4
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 135
Mileage: 43531 km
Date: 2023.12.26
Time: 16:24:50

Control Module temperature: 41 °C
Voltage terminal 15: 12.0 V
Velocity_vehicle_reference: 0.00 m/s
Longitudinal_acceleration_vehicle_reference: 0.00 m/s²
Status_ACC_System: ACC_reversible_error

Attachments

• Log-43531km-27048mi.txt
    25 KB · Views: 26

jacekk1986

Car(s)
GTI MK7
Hi,
you need to make a calibration procedure of your radar sensor. It is possible to make it on your own. Need to have Odis S and flat metal sheet. Try to use google or youtube how to calibrate radar. Its quite easy but depends of radar type.

Last edited:

majorhavoc257

Hi,
you need to make a calibration procedure of your radar sensor. It is possible to make it on your own. Need to have Odis S ana flat metal sheet. Try to use google or youtube how to calibrate radar. Its quite easy and but depends of radar type.
So I can’t use vcds to do it. It has to be Odis. Because I see the option to calibrate in vcds but it cancels due to the fault.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion