GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help with ASR not working

00Zero

Go Kart Newbie
On ice and snow I really get no traction control from a start, no asr light or anything and the wheels are defiantly spinning a whole in my snow covered gravel driveway.

In the past I have used VCDS to enable the following;

ESC/ ESC sport / ESC off option

Starting vibration damping ( I tried all the settings with no real noticeable effect)

I have XDS+ enabled.

Ill start by reverting all of these but I was wonder if anyone has had anyone has had a similar problem.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
I think this is normal. Traction control can't really work unless the wheels are spinning, so you're not going to get it from a standstill.

depan

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf MK7 TSI 1.8T
Check the setting for ASR in your infotainment. Otherwise invest in better tires for snow & ice. I got a set of all weathers that have been awesome for me this winter

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I'm confused - so you can't get the traction control (ASR) light to flash at you when your break traction? You can just spin and spin? Are you sure you did the coding correct and didn't actually make the default setting ECS Sport or off (which both also have ASR off)?

00Zero

Go Kart Newbie
I run Michelin Ice X ix3 and the day i tested was cold but no ice or snow.

ESC is on I triple checked.

The issue is my ASR light doesn't seem to turn on till the wheels are going like 25+ mph so I starting in slick conditions I get the old "one tire fire" I may just have higher expectation of ASR then how it actually performs.

kyLman

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf
I feel like the ASR on mine is very reactive to even minimal tire slip. If can spin and spin before it reacts... something is off. Is it possible wheel speed sensors are whack?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
If your wheels are spinning you should be getting at least some ABS based intervention via ASR /XDS/ESC.....you should feel some pulsing & some of the lights on the dash should be flashing....

Unless you've managed to totally code out all the above (ASR/XDS/ESC).

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
hm... 25 is pretty fast... I'd expect a bit of spin with ASR on, but not a full burnout. It's weird that there would be no codes if something is going wrong though.