GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HELP! How to disable alarm whilst on ferry

Daveevans87

Hi all.

Going on ferry tonight (23-00) and cannot find out how to disable alarm so the motion does not set off alarm.

Cannot make any sense of the manual so does does anyone have any clue?

I know you can switch off the internal alarm with the button on the door jamb. I presume this will not be sufficient......

Regards

Dave

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
The button disables internal motion sensor only but the alarm should not go off on a ship unless you are in very big trouble...

Wolly

Passed Driver's Ed
i think that internal button does both,

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
You could be right there Wolly - it was the case with Mercs certainly...

Fanis1

Ready to race!
I believe manual says to lock the car without turning on the alarm you have to lock it by pressing TWICE the lock button on the key fob

pimm

Ready to race!
I believe manual says to lock the car without turning on the alarm you have to lock it by pressing TWICE the lock button on the key fob

Yes I believe this to be the case. The button inside near the seat belt just turns off the motion and pressing the remote twice locks the car but not the alarm(i think)

marvin1

Ready to race!
All very iffy info. Certainly pressing the internal button on the driver's door pillar disables the volumetric alarm without affecting the perimetric one - on the MK6 that is.

atc28uk

Open the drivers door and press the button at the side of the drivers seat to deactivate the Interior Monitoring system, Close the drivers door and lock the car using the Key.. Done...
Now both the interior and anti-towing alarms are disabled (Think they have to be done as a pair according to the Manual).

mrober_uk

Passed Driver's Ed
oops - I've been double plipping mine assuming it would be more secure as my Alfa worked that way! Why can't they standardise these things?! Back to one plip!!