GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

joe.a.hudson

Car(s)
2016 Volkswagen GTI
Hello All. Last Friday I picked up my new 2012 Shadow Blue, 4-door, 6spd. I have a little over 600 miles on it and I am loving every second that I am in it. Looking forward to getting my Intake and K04 upgrade soon.

ChoeyGTI

Hey my names Joe, Been in love with VW's since I was like 12, I take credit for getting my family into them as well. Father and brother have them now and love them, Brother has a 2010 GTI, Dad has a 3.6L passat 4 motion(he loves it). We have had a bunch as a family mostly mk3's until my brother got the mk6 GTI after driving that and driving it with APR tune I knew its what I needed to do, sold my jetta and picked up 2012 GTI.

going to wait until spring/summer to really start doing anything to it just simple stuff for now

endoplasmic

What up everyone! I'm a 26 yr old southern California native and relatively new v-dub owner. I've owned my 2011 CW 4-door GTI since January and I've done an APR stage 1.2 tune and a few cosmetic mods. I've been a regular visitor of the forum for almost a year, but I just now signed up as a member. I'm looking forward to being part of the community.

Credit

Ready to race!
Picked up my GTI two weeks ago. Finally got around to a decent detail today. Wash wax and seal coming next weekend.

(Picture taken with my EVO...excuse the quality)

Attachments

• IMAG0148.jpg
    IMAG0148.jpg
    330.5 KB · Views: 238

Kasser

Hello all!! my name is Hussain and I'm from Kuwait (Middle East).

My previous car was 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8 with Kenne Bell supercharger.

But I had a really bad accident where my car rolled over many times and totally crushed, but thanks god I opened the door and walk out from there without any major injuries.

I was about to buy the GTI before I had the accident because I think its the best car in its range. Dunno why but there is something that pull me to this car hehe, so I bought the car today and I will post the pictures once I get it, suppose to get it within 3 days.....can't wait hehe :D

opTIMistic

so! new owner here. lurked for a long while, but now im finally jumpin into posting more regularly. never owned a sporty car in my life, but have always wanted to. back in june i bought a brand new 2011 CSG 4 door manual and absolutely love it. first thing i did was drive from ny (where i live) to slc and back on a rock climbing road trip (climbing is my other love). so now that im back, im obviously looking into changing some things about the car, but first will probably be snow tires and 16 steel wheels. nothing exciting. regardless, heres a photo of my car in the rural country where it gets to live.

Attachments

• IMG_0159.jpg
    IMG_0159.jpg
    410.9 KB · Views: 248

stephen_bj

Greetings from Hong Kong

Man I just spent 20 mins writing a post and I lost it when I wanted to do a spell check :( :mad0259:

Anyways, here I go again.

I am from Hong Kong. Going to be proud and first time owner of VW cars.

Got a last min cancel Golf R (red) from the local dealer.

Car arriving HK 13th and hopefully I will get it before the end of the month. Don’t really know why it takes them that long to clear Hong Kong customs, but that's what my dealer told me. (Can't wait to get behind the wheel and see what is the difference between her and the GTI I test drove)

Currently own a Q5 2.0T. Have owner 5 series, Saab, GM SRV and Boxster S previously.
Q5 upgraded body kit, chip, air intake and exhaust.

Really looking forward to start modding the R. It has the same engine as my Q5. Maybe stage by year end and get one stage per year. Currently looking at APR, would love to meet anyone in Hong Kong who already have APR mod.

Enough said, looking forward to meet fellow golf owners!!!

PS Anyone from Hong Kong on the site?

Credit

Ready to race!
what wheels are these? i've searched for a while now and cant find them on the vw.com page...

They're called Serron's. They come on the 2012 Autobahns...

dukfast

Hi All, (yes i'm a noob)
This forum put the hooks in me... especially before I bought my 2011 CSG GTI 4dr 6mt. Now I have a question.... are 195/60r 16's too skinny for winter in Buffalo NY ?
Thanx