GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Helix Soundbox VW sound upgrade HELP!

Bakili

Ready to race!
Finally got around fitting sub today. The how to video made fitting so easy. Just left with two wires over, not sure if these are meant for different model. Please see image below.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MeinGTI1

The nylon pry tool is a must. I have done amp installs in a lot of different cars and I have found these really do help prevent breaking things.

Bakili

Ready to race!
Does anybody know the part number for the wiring harness and Ethernet plug for RHD models ? I'm trying to buy a 2nd hand helix sub but need to get the harness and Ethernet plug separately. Much appreciated all.
Is it for UK car? It will be very difficult to get just harness, I only can suggest contact Helix as they do sell just wiring loom. What you mean by ethernet plug?

builtospill

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 GTI
In case anyone is interested in the Helix Soundbox and doesn't want to lose their spare tire:
Mine fits perfect in my Jetta MK6 and sits on top of the compact spare tire and is completely flush with the trunk matt. Just remove the rubber feet off the Helix Soundbox enclosure (uses Hex screws). The bigger 8-inch spare tire bolt and nut part number is 3G0-803-899-A, it secures spare and Helix Soundbox. I would assume this will work the same with Golf MK6 and 7.

Last edited:

Bakili

Ready to race!
I ordered 3G0-803-899-D which from Passat so hopefully last letter in the end wouldn't make much difference. I know it's about 19cm toll. Can you measure yours please?
Also on mk7 estate no sub feets requires removal as it's still sits flush.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
In case anyone is interested in the Helix Soundbox and doesn't want to lose their spare tire:
Mine fits perfect in my Jetta MK6 and sits on top of the compact spare tire and is completely flush with the trunk matt. Just remove the rubber feet off the Helix Soundbox enclosure (uses Hex screws). The bigger 8-inch spare tire bolt and nut part number is 3G0-803-899-A, it secures spare and Helix Soundbox. I would assume this will work the same with Golf MK6 and 7.

Here's the full tutorial for others interested: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31070

And if the part number you listed comes with long bolt AND nut, that could potentially save people a couple of bucks.

builtospill

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 GTI
3G0-803-899-A Measures about 8.5 inches. I got mine off a user on here, but he said 3G0-803-899-A comes with both the bolt and nut. On my Jetta MK6, theres still about 1.5 to 2 inches of thread left on top (as seen in my picture above) so its plenty to screw down both the spare and the Soundbox so nothing moves if you brake hard or anything like that.

Bakili

Ready to race!
3G0-803-899-A Measures about 8.5 inches. I got mine off a user on here, but he said 3G0-803-899-A comes with both the bolt and nut. On my Jetta MK6, theres still about 1.5 to 2 inches of thread left on top (as seen in my picture above) so its plenty to screw down both the spare and the Soundbox so nothing moves if you brake hard or anything like that.
Many thanks

Looks like it's nearly enough same part.

builtospill

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 GTI
Yeah no problem! I was pretty excited when I realized the subwoofer and spare tire could fit together, definitely sketchy not having a spare tire.
I drive too much and far to have a situation where I could get stranded just because I want a bump in audio quality!