GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Heated washer jets

kenny.c

Ready to race!
Thought id start a little thread regarding retro fitting heated washer jets....

Got the kit from Kufatec and consists of 2 heated washer jets and the wiring loom.....Once you buy the kit you are able to view the fitting instructions which includes the coding needed to activate them....

Ill keep this up to date when I started the install and try to take some pictures.

Thanks
Ken

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Interesting, thanks for posting.

kenny.c

Ready to race!
Fitting seems ok other than getting the harness through the bulkhead......instructions show a empty pin hole in one of the under dash harness connectors which may prove difficult to find.....Guess ill have to wait and see....

Ken

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
This will be interesting for GTD/GTI owners who specced a leather interior as this option alone would have cost them £250!! VW laughable refer to it as a Winter Pack in this situation!

mlewando

Ready to race!
Hey,

I just wanted to ask you how it went? Did you manage to code it?
@Mark V - Winter Pack is something more than Heated washer jets. There are also heated front seats etc.

GTD184

Ready to race!
Hey,

I just wanted to ask you how it went? Did you manage to code it?
@Mark V - Winter Pack is something more than Heated washer jets. There are also heated front seats etc.

In the UK when selecting the leather option the heated seats option is a no cost standard fit, hence Mark V's reference that the winter pack for GTI and GTD is £245 for heated washer jets and low washer fluid warning light:(.......hardly value for money!!

BlueBullet

Ready to race!
I have classic golf cloth interior on mk6 and winter pack gives you heated seats you wouldn't have plus washer jets etc so it's not bad value for us.

James75

Go Kart Champion
I've been down the retrofit route previous with a VW car, it's great in one respect, but personally, I'd be cautious. When you come to sell and your spec sheet doesn't tally, it can put people off.

These actually seem like good value and some things, like the low level washer fluid - are actually much cheaper to install after.

It's addictive - retrofitting...

James

kenny.c

Ready to race!
I am surprised because i thought they came with Xenons, which clearly they don't.

Well done for fitting though

James

Sorry not following you.....are you saying you thought heated washer jets came with xenons..? If so...then correct they dont. they are a part of the winter pack I think.

Ken

James75

Go Kart Champion
Sorry not following you.....are you saying you thought heated washer jets came with xenons..? If so...then correct they dont. they are a part of the winter pack I think.

Ken

Yes, I thought if you had Xenons, you got the low level warning indicator (which would make sense) and the heated jets, which clearly you don't.

So the winter pack for a cloth GTD for example must be heated jets and heated seats. There's been some discussion on some threads about what the winter pack actually is and whether it is worth the money.

James

kenny.c

Ready to race!
Yes I think so.....just heated jets and seats.

When I got the retro fit kit it cost £70 delivered....Im pretty sure the option from VW is £245 but I think you have to spec leather as well at £1700...!!

Ken

James75

Go Kart Champion
I had low level sensor retro fitted to my last VW - it was about £40 (I had OEM Xenons retrofitted).

Sometimes these things are easier to add afterwards (not the Xenons!)

James