Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Love these clips. Keep em coming.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
I just put one of these on on my 18 SE 6MT that has no exhaust mods. Just an axleback swap.
Start up - Significantly louder. Raspier
Idle - mildly louder, raspier
Acceleration - it is mildly louder, it's noticeable but not significant
Freeway cruising - quiet, can barely tell it was changed. No drone.

Overall...i like it and does make it feel more racelike. Louder than stock but not obnoxious. I personally love the way the oem exhaust tips look which is why i never got an aftermarket exhaust because i think they all look "off"

The fit is perfect as you would expect from an oem part, no modifications needed. It fits directly onto a mk7.5 bumper. Piping diameter on the TCR axleback is 2.5" just like the one on my 18 SE GTI. Just get an 2.5" exhaust pipe connector. Reuse the muffler hangers. I read 19 GTI's have a smaller diameter exhaust piping so people with 19 gti may have issues.

I will try to get a comprehensive start up, idle, rev and driveby video this weekend and post it.

From your description, exactly what I’m looking for. Can’t wait for the videos.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Seen the ngp tcr in person and the exhaust sound off was very disappointing. Car was cool, just not loud at all. I was thinking, racecar, this is gonna be loud af and it wasnt. Kinda just bland. I like it loud tho. Also, probs not worth it for the money

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
I just put one of these on on my 18 SE 6MT that has no exhaust mods. Just an axleback swap.
Start up - Significantly louder. Raspier
Idle - mildly louder, raspier
Acceleration - it is mildly louder, it's noticeable but not significant
Freeway cruising - quiet, can barely tell it was changed. No drone.

Overall...i like it and does make it feel more racelike. Louder than stock but not obnoxious. I personally love the way the oem exhaust tips look which is why i never got an aftermarket exhaust because i think they all look "off"

The fit is perfect as you would expect from an oem part, no modifications needed. It fits directly onto a mk7.5 bumper. Piping diameter on the TCR axleback is 2.5" just like the one on my 18 SE GTI. Just get an 2.5" exhaust pipe connector. Reuse the muffler hangers. I read 19 GTI's have a smaller diameter exhaust piping so people with 19 gti may have issues.

I will try to get a comprehensive start up, idle, rev and driveby video this weekend and post it.
Regards to the 2019 exhaust pipe diameter being smaller- this would explain why the CTS Resonator Delete pipe kit I tried installing wouldn’t mate up with the factory pipe on my ‘19 at the cut line! I ended up going full catback.

CMARNOLD78

Ready to race!
Seen the ngp tcr in person and the exhaust sound off was very disappointing. Car was cool, just not loud at all. I was thinking, racecar, this is gonna be loud af and it wasnt. Kinda just bland. I like it loud tho. Also, probs not worth it for the money
Thanks, was there a difference over regular GTI in your opinion? Also how does the rear splitter look in person (and rest of TCR kit) I got excited because the spitter is only a couple of hundred dollars to buy. I then realised I would have to get the front splitter and side skirts which cost 2k in total. The side skirts are the most expensive at around $900.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Thanks, was there a difference over regular GTI in your opinion? Also how does the rear splitter look in person (and rest of TCR kit) I got excited because the spitter is only a couple of hundred dollars to buy. I then realised I would have to get the front splitter and side skirts which cost 2k in total. The side skirts are the most expensive at around $900.
The whole TCR car looks real cool, has a crazy spoiler on the back, I wouldn't daily that haha. Wide body fender flares over the tires. (This is for NGP TCR, havn't seen any others before). So a normal gti exhaust is super weak. The TCR one was loud but not like nascar loud or anything it just wasn't impressive. Im pretty sure there are a lot of restrictions and suppressors on the exhaust since its a legit racecar. IMO the best exhaust on these gti's is a full AWE exhaust setup but its expensive 750 catback, 1750 dp

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The whole TCR car looks real cool, has a crazy spoiler on the back, I wouldn't daily that haha. Wide body fender flares over the tires. (This is for NGP TCR, havn't seen any others before). So a normal gti exhaust is super weak. The TCR one was loud but not like nascar loud or anything it just wasn't impressive. Im pretty sure there are a lot of restrictions and suppressors on the exhaust since its a legit racecar. IMO the best exhaust on these gti's is a full AWE exhaust setup but its expensive 750 catback, 1750 dp

You're confusing the TCR race car with the TCR street car sold by VW. They look nothing alike.

CMARNOLD78

Ready to race!
ah yes, i didn't even know there was a TCR non-racecar version. i looked it up and it looks like its just a normal looking gti with flashy decals
Its a bit more than that... It basically has the Golf R engine but is a GTI i.e. front wheel drive and a lot lighter. AND a flashy decal....

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
VW Motorsport TCR GTI - Participates in the TCR races in SCCA and across the world. Still uses the ea888 block, the is38 turbo. Functional aero, widebody, lots of cool stuff. Check out FCP euro's tcr twins, or NGP's TCR, and maybe APR's tcr.

VW GTI TCR - the spiritual successor to limited edition GTI Clubsport and the Clubsport S. Not available in North America Region.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
ah yes, i didn't even know there was a TCR non-racecar version. i looked it up and it looks like its just a normal looking gti with flashy decals

It's basically the mk7.5 CS replacement.

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
So is this not going to fit on ‘19s then?

20ls01

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI 2016
So is this not going to fit on ‘19s then?
Do you have a caliper measurement gauge? Or grab a string and wrap it around your exhaust. Measure it and divide your measurement by 3.14(pie) and that will tell you the diameter of your exhaust piping.

TCR exhaust is exactly 2.5" inches so if yours is any less, then it's going to be more difficult to match up

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Thanks!