GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Has anyone installed a TCR Exhaust Yet?

CMARNOLD78

Ready to race!
I have seen that these are beginning to be available as an available part. I am one of those people that prefer their car to be "stock"

Is there a bit more additional noise and pops and crackles in these? Is it worth the change?

NB: Just to update this, am looking for feedback from those who have an otherwise stock car i.e. no downpipes etc etc (per other threads on this). Also the only video on this I have seen so far is on a manual car so feedback on a DSG would be cool.

Last edited:

kak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 R 6MT
It will be a good bit louder with the stock down pipe. If you change out the down pipe as someone else did in the exhaust section, it is apparently very loud.

For the price and OEM finish, not bad if you’re going with the stock pipes.

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
Only one video so far. Waiting on a few members to post up their videos once they receive them.

CMARNOLD78

Ready to race!
Only one video so far. Waiting on a few members to post up their videos once they receive them.

I just found this one on YouTube which is pretty detailed on it. Unlike the previous video posted, he doesn't have a downpipe (although has stage 1 tune which theoretically doesn't effect it). He has it on a manual transmission. Sounds like it is pretty quiet when not driving aggressively but definitely has some good crackles when you are on it.

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
I just found this one on YouTube which is pretty detailed on it. Unlike the previous video posted, he doesn't have a downpipe (although has stage 1 tune which theoretically doesn't effect it). He has it on a manual transmission. Sounds like it is pretty quiet when not driving aggressively but definitely has some good crackles when you are on it.

Yeah I've watched this one a few times. I'd still like a forum members feedback before I bite the bullet.

20ls01

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI 2016
I just put one of these on on my 18 SE 6MT that has no exhaust mods. Just an axleback swap.
Start up - Significantly louder. Raspier
Idle - mildly louder, raspier
Acceleration - it is mildly louder, it's noticeable but not significant
Freeway cruising - quiet, can barely tell it was changed. No drone.

Overall...i like it and does make it feel more racelike. Louder than stock but not obnoxious. I personally love the way the oem exhaust tips look which is why i never got an aftermarket exhaust because i think they all look "off"

The fit is perfect as you would expect from an oem part, no modifications needed. It fits directly onto a mk7.5 bumper. Piping diameter on the TCR axleback is 2.5" just like the one on my 18 SE GTI. Just get an 2.5" exhaust pipe connector. Reuse the muffler hangers. I read 19 GTI's have a smaller diameter exhaust piping so people with 19 gti may have issues.

I will try to get a comprehensive start up, idle, rev and driveby video this weekend and post it.

CMARNOLD78

Ready to race!
I just put one of these on on my 18 SE 6MT that has no exhaust mods. Just an axleback swap.
Start up - Significantly louder. Raspier
Idle - mildly louder, raspier
Acceleration - it is mildly louder, it's noticeable but not significant
Freeway cruising - quiet, can barely tell it was changed. No drone.

Overall...i like it and does make it feel more racelike. Louder than stock but not obnoxious. I personally love the way the oem exhaust tips look which is why i never got an aftermarket exhaust because i think they all look "off"

The fit is perfect as you would expect from an oem part, no modifications needed. It fits directly onto a mk7.5 bumper. Piping diameter on the TCR axleback is 2.5" just like the one on my 18 SE GTI. Just get an 2.5" exhaust pipe connector. Reuse the muffler hangers. I read 19 GTI's have a smaller diameter exhaust piping so people with 19 gti may have issues.

I will try to get a comprehensive start up, idle, rev and driveby video this weekend and post it.
Perfect! That is awesome. Sounds like you installed it yourself. Looks like these cost around $500 or so. Overall do you think it was worth the money? Does it put an extra smile on your face when driving?

20ls01

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI 2016
Perfect! That is awesome. Sounds like you installed it yourself. Looks like these cost around $500 or so. Overall do you think it was worth the money? Does it put an extra smile on your face when driving?
I installed it myself in about 45 minutes. I rented a pipe cutter from oreillys that worked great with a nice clean cut. Removing the muffler hangers was the hardest part. I think it's worth it because it was everything i wanted in an exhaust - oem look, oem fit and mildly louder in every aspect without any drone.

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
I installed it myself in about 45 minutes. I rented a pipe cutter from oreillys that worked great with a nice clean cut. Removing the muffler hangers was the hardest part. I think it's worth it because it was everything i wanted in an exhaust - oem look, oem fit and mildly louder in every aspect without any drone.

Any chance you could make a video?

CMARNOLD78

Ready to race!
Thanks. This is exactly what I am after! Just an extra inch of noise!