GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hardware replacement for IS20--->IS38

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
You know the crazy part is all the install videos net nothing but the stupid review/dumb vlogs net more.

Still we are talking dollar a day!

In a bit over 2 years I will save enough for a turbo!

Hahaha, better than a sharp stick in the eye, right? My near teenage son and some of his friends think they will be able to make millions on youtube. I had to explain to them the other day that 100-200 views doesn't mean "viral" and that they had better get to work, LOL.

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
Hahaha! Autocorrect (Android Playboy edition perhaps?) or Freudian slip?:p

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
Hahaha god knows. Im dyslexic as hell so bare with me LOL.

On that note has anyone heard anything from anyone about pricing on any of these offerings. Radio silence everywhere. Only heard from DBV2.

Venumous

Ready to race!
I'm on the fence with IS38 now too.. it just sounds like such a good idea.

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Can anyone confirm if the IS38 is more reliable than the IS20?

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Can anyone confirm if the IS38 is more reliable than the IS20?

Stock for stock it looks that way. There are a few of us that want to make the switch. A group buy of a refurbished new unit with an upgraded bearing pack/turbine would be a ideal :D

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
They way I see it is. When my turbo blows thats when I am going to think about replacing it. My car right now is plenty fast for me as I can barely step on the gas and if clocked ill be going to jail.

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
The problem with waiting for the is20 to blow before replacing it is the potential of more work and cost and depending on how bad the turbo blows parts that may need to be replaced other than the turbo.

I for one would prefer not the extra cost and replace before it goes.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
You don't want to wait for the turbo to blow. You are rolling the dice that something ends up in the motor, then you are slapping yourself saying wtf was I thinking and footing a huge rebuild bill.