GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Happy Valentine's Day

nelw

Passed Driver's Ed
Typing one-handed. Sorry.

Other driver turned left on me. I was just entering intersection on green when it turned yellow. Good thing I've got dashcam to back it up but ICBC (our govt car insurance monopoly) says doesn't matter, it's their fault for unsafe turn.

Had only 5000KM. I REALLY hope it's written off.

Deuxi

Passed Driver's Ed
Now that's bad news, at least nobody was hurt.

Interesting to see that no airbags appear to have deployed in the Chrysler.

i was going to say exacltry the same thing...i'm realy sorry for you hopefully everything will be fine.

On the other end i feel really happy to see the security level and difference between our beloved GOLFS and other brands

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Thanks guys! My hand is bruised. Wife is ok. Ppl in other car unhurt.

Airbags were cool to experience.

Video of crash http://youtu.be/p_TF2aM3KVE

Thanks for posting the video, bad news about the accident and the cars :(:(
Over here we had 4 fatalities on the motorways.

Over here that would likely be shared liability for your accident.
I wonder how the auto braking would have minimised that.

Maka344

Ready to race!
Sorry to hear that. Glad you're okay.

On your video, I saw that you went through an Amber (get ready to stop) light?

Avanti

Go Kart Champion

In some countries after peak hours the lights are on amber all the time, to cross with caution (this was the case in Portugal) .

Tyler Durden

Ready to race!

I noticed that too, it's pretty much the same in NZ as UK regarding the light phasing.

Despite running an amber it should still have allowed enough time to exit the intersection before the Chysler saw a green or green left turn phase so my assumption is that Chysler ran a red.

Regarding city braking, that is part of the ACC system and in the US market it warns only, there is no auto braking. I agree with Avanti in wondering how city braking would have changed the outcome.

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
Not a good day, least you're ok and the Golf 'saved ' you by deploying the airbags and seems it was 'the other guy's' fault. Kinda how I got my first Golf, a Mk5, on teatime news reported the usual smashes on local 'stock car racing' road, an example of the car I had at the time had a 50mph (combined 100mph) head on with a Mk5 golf. The Golf airbags deployed, driver and passenger dazed but otherwise ok, both occupants in my model of car were killed....

ihmix

Ready to race!
Real shame about the car, but how cool is that dash cam no getting out of that one. Keep us posted.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
This is what happens when people assume.
They assume something will happen so they drive accordingly.
It is better to make sure one is clear before turning and that the car is truly going to stop if you think it is doing that. Had the black car just waited a few seconds to verify what the GTI was to do, they would have turned behind them and been clear. Patience is a virtue. Glad all are ok, any wreck at any speed is not fun.

nelw

Passed Driver's Ed
Insurance company wants to repair the car. I'm gonna fight them for full replacement. Lawyer time.

The other party hasn't even called in the accident yet.