GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Handling and fitment advice needed

Ricked_Em

Go Kart Champion
Hey guy coming from the power wise side (full bolt ons, is38, meth) I have started working on the handling side. I just got coil overs on (ST XTA) and I have a rear sway bar. I wasn't really able to lower and more as I am on 245/40-18 tires on 18x8 nuespeed wheels. I am looking for a little more low but I want to keep traction. So here are my questions.

My coil over have camber plates and I have them set at -.5 right now, would adding more allow me to go a little lower without rubbing?

How much traction will I lose going to a 225 tire?

Are adjustable end links for the rear sway worth the investment?

It handles rather well but I feel like going another 1/2 lower will help and I read (not sure if true) that a stretched tire will handle better then a wide tire with some bulge.

Thanks guys!

Last edited:

odessa.filez

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
Thanks, so in your opinion which way would you go tire wise?
depends on what you want. For DD, tires at tirerack that are "max performance summer" would be a place to start. Are you wearing your outside edges? do you care about noise?

for better handling, I would focus on learning how to drive, tires and alignment.

Ricked_Em

Go Kart Champion
Well I now have a company truck so this will be parked during the week. I never hit the track but enjoy the back roads. I am just looking to maximize what I have to make the car a little more fun. I have access to continental extreme contacts in 225/40 for $100 each through work and am willing to spend the money if necessary if people think it's worth it.

rcb020

Passed Driver's Ed
With your setup I would go with Continental Extremecontact Sport in 235/40ZR18. The 235 will be a better match for the 8 inch wheel.

I would also get front negative camber around -1.5 or closer to -2 if it's not your daily.