GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Haldex failure symptoms... Need advice

josh_

Passed Driver's Ed
sure.

So far so good. 8k trouble free miles. car feels great, and I just had the DSG fluid replaced by the dealer. Car feels awesome.....

josh

zhanghua92

sure.

So far so good. 8k trouble free miles. car feels great, and I just had the DSG fluid replaced by the dealer. Car feels awesome.....

josh

glad to hear that... i've the same fault code as you but no luck after replace pump & controller still not working... no more warranty so might try with used differential (H revision).

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
OP, what year is your R? Was the Haldex fluid changed at the 3 year mark? Have them pull the pump and check the screen for debris. If it's clogged, have them clean it and change the fluid. I changed my fluid at about 16-17K and it was clean but I didn't check the screen. VW should have kept the filter.

Last edited:

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I had the exact issue until I did this Haldex fixed.
Good video. He has an F-code Haldex, didn't they have an issue on 2015's? I was surprised to see the gunk in the bottom of the pump housing and around the grooves in the body of the pump. Seems lots of launches takes its toll on the clutches.

Last edited:

NCM

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Good video. He has an F-code Haldex, didn't they have an issue on 2015's? I was surprised to see the gunk in the bottom of the pump housing and around the grooves in the body of the pump. Seems lots of launches takes its toll on the clutches.

My 2015's Haldex is fine, but I only have about 25K miles on the car. I serviced the Haldex filter screen at 16K miles and found only slight blockage. I've never used launch control, although I've done certainly plenty of brisk stoplight take-offs with Haldex in the wet. That gunk can only come from the clutch pack's friction plates.

Neil

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Also, has anyone figured out how to take off instantly when you let off the brake with LC,, or do you just let off the brake before the light turns green?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
If you flash back to stock are you okay or can the dealer see it

The dealer doesn't see it VW does if the dealer scans your car. It isn't the dealer who voids a warranty because of being tuned it's VW because of the ECU flash counter. Flashing back to stock does not erase the flash counter.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
From what I've seen, there's no flash counter per se, it lists every software change to the ECU. So if you flash back stock, it lists the original factory flash, the tune flash, the flash back to "stock" tune, etc., along with the date and the serial number of the equipment of the equipment that did the flash. If that's the case, VW can certainly tell if it was their equipment.

AR11

Ready to race!
Would a stock R on PSS tire produce lots of tire spin if the haldex were out and accelerating from a full throttle roll with ECS off (not launched)? I get chirps from time to time but don't want to put the already-weak stock clutch through a launch test. So I ask if a haldex failure would be obvious without a launch or not.

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Also, has anyone figured out how to take off instantly when you let off the brake with LC,, or do you just let off the brake before the light turns green?
If you're talking about drag racing, and you're going on green, you're wrong ;) Go on yellow. Always. Sportsman's tree, go on third yellow. Pro tree, go on yellows. Keep practicing and you'll end up with near perfect reaction times. Mine are around .04~.07 from the tree (either .400 or .500 trees)