GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Haldex failure symptoms... Need advice

Nodnarb

Passed Driver's Ed
Does anyone know which revision is the shitty one? I have a ‘16 R. Haldex is fried at 40k kms (25k Miles). It was working poorly and squealing while hooning in the snow. Then I lost rwd completely. I dumped the fluid and it was full of glitter. So I ordered a unit out of a 17 alltrak with 8k miles. It’s revision H. Produced November 2016. Anyone know if this is a “good” one before I put it in?

josh_

Passed Driver's Ed
Yo,

Mine original unit was version D. VW replaced it with version L. I am not sure there is a "good" one. I saw the guy with a 19 R have his Haldex go out. WTF.

At this point I am under the impression this Haldex unit is a poor design. Which sucks. I sold mine as I thought I wanted a truck. Ended up back in an STi and am now dumping that to maybe get back into an R. BUT this Haldex issue has me super duper nervous. The S3 guys continue to have issues regardless of year or revision. And now there are 19's failing as well? Ugh. Maybe a truck is the right move....haha.

josh

Atrus5

Does anyone know which revision is the shitty one? I have a ‘16 R. Haldex is fried at 40k kms (25k Miles). It was working poorly and squealing while hooning in the snow. Then I lost rwd completely. I dumped the fluid and it was full of glitter. So I ordered a unit out of a 17 alltrak with 8k miles. It’s revision H. Produced November 2016. Anyone know if this is a “good” one before I put it in?
Is your Haldex covered by powertrain warranty?