GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

gtiw7's GTI VS BlackRabbit7's GTI

gtiw7

Ready to race!
Hello fellow Dubbers!! hope you're having a nice day :D
so last week I've met BlackRabbit7 and we had a lots of random races from a dig, rolling 40 & 60km/h...

He pulled on me in most of them :eek: my best race was neck-to-neck with his car! but that was only 1 or 2 races out of 10+! and it wasn't recorded because the cameraman arrived later xD (bad for me I guess!) but other than that he took the lead in all the races!

I weight around 45lbs more than him but that alone doesn't justify that gab between the cars :p so we swapped cars to know if it was a drivers' fault. Nevertheless, we ended up with the same results!

Having driven his car I must say it felt more throttle-responsive than mine; BlackRabbit7 says that's because he was pushing the hell out the the car -unlike me xD- ever since day one! so his engine kindda adapted to his driving style

enough with the talk...here's some races, 1st one using Launch control...
My car is Grey, BlackRabbit7's car is Black Obviously! lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9pfgtH_ApA

to sum up nice car, nice guy, and had a fun time together :D

Tyrant2

Passed Driver's Ed
Interesting result, stay safe guys.
by launch control you mean sport Mode traction and rev to 2000+ rpm?
Also did you experiment with shift points? Launching hard and in sport mode the car shifts at 6-6500rpm so is it better to shift before.

Oh the camera car, mk5?

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
I'm still trying to figure out a justification? Maybe factory freak?

And that K04 mkv is just awesome

BlackRabbit7

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah guys its my younger brother's car when we first got it took it out for some high speed runs, and every now and then we push it, and feels like the car adapts to your driving! cuz when i drove abdulla's car the response just felt less than what it was on our car, even after 4th gear when we changed cars it just pulls harder! even my friend in the MKV Ko4 says at higher speed its hard to catch. but overall we had a great time , and we were safe guys open road no traffic! GTIw7 has been pushing the car lately after the race, so we will do more runs again and see if it changed anything or else i guess the car is a factory freak!

BlackRabbit7

Passed Driver's Ed
and tyrant best shift points i found them to be 6300 to 6500max! S mode just goes all the way to redline which is way too mush and feels like it drops boost pressure! even we let the car shift alone black one felt just faster in response when we hit the gas! best result i think is to shift somewhere in bitween 6200 to 6500 max.

BlackRabbit7

Passed Driver's Ed
And bro great amazing write up!! we hope we can afford the best possible info to the guys on the forum here from bahrain! im sure you have been pushing the car if you want us to run whenever again we can do that! so we can help people here know exactly what those MK7s are doing lol!

Hello fellow Dubbers!! hope you're having a nice day :D
so last week I've met BlackRabbit7 and we had a lots of random races from a dig, rolling 40 & 60km/h...

He pulled on me in most of them :eek: my best race was neck-to-neck with his car! but that was only 1 or 2 races out of 10+! and it wasn't recorded because the cameraman arrived later xD (bad for me I guess!) but other than that he took the lead in all the races!

I weight around 45lbs more than him but that alone doesn't justify that gab between the cars :p so we swapped cars to know if it was a drivers' fault. Nevertheless, we ended up with the same results!

Having driven his car I must say it felt more throttle-responsive than mine; BlackRabbit7 says that's because he was pushing the hell out the the car -unlike me xD- ever since day one! so his engine kindda adapted to his driving style

enough with the talk...here's some races, 1st one using Launch control...
My car is Grey, BlackRabbit7's car is Black Obviously! lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9pfgtH_ApA

to sum up nice car, nice guy, and had a fun time together :D

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
Or maybe, just maybe the factory in germany mistakenly put a performance pack engine in your car :D

gtiw7

Ready to race!
Interesting result, stay safe guys.
by launch control you mean sport Mode traction and rev to 2000+ rpm?
Also did you experiment with shift points? Launching hard and in sport mode the car shifts at 6-6500rpm so is it better to shift before.

Oh the camera car, mk5?

yup, I try to avoid S-gear when using launch control because it really delays the 1st shift waiting for the front wheels to calm down! I prefer shifting Manually so I can shift earlier as you said.

yes cameracar is a 12.8seconds mk5 :D

And bro great amazing write up!! we hope we can afford the best possible info to the guys on the forum here from bahrain! im sure you have been pushing the car if you want us to run whenever again we can do that! so we can help people here know exactly what those MK7s are doing lol!

anytime bro btw next time let's meet in the drag stripe once track is open to provide a more accurate results & to see whether I could change the attitude of my car or not, I won't be in Bahrain till September -I just need a vacation after a long 3 years of intensive studying without a break!-

mjobson

could the difference in speed relate to the fuel used?

I think you are advised to use at least RON 98.

My brother is a mechanic and said the more you use RON 98 the better the car will perform. Essentially, cleaner fuel = better combustion = more power.

I don't know much about cars, but that could explain the difference if one guy is using RON 95 (or even RON 91) and the other is using RON 98.

BlackRabbit7

Passed Driver's Ed
Both cars are using same fuel 95oct pump gas fuel!

My brother is a mechanic and said the more you use RON 98 the better the car will perform. Essentially, cleaner fuel = better combustion = more power.

I don't know much about cars, but that could explain the difference if one guy is using RON 95 (or even RON 91) and the other is using RON 98.

gtiw7

Ready to race!

btw a car will ONLY perform better with a certain fuel type IF it was tuned to utilize that type fuel :rolleyes: I did an experience with 2 mk6 GTI to prove that. both with the same Stage 1 file & same catback, one was filled with 100+ OCT fuel and the other one was 95 RON, guess what? we ended up with the exact same results they were racing neck-to-neck infact the 95 RON started to pull a bit at the end of the race!!