GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI/WRX/ST vs Si

StormTrooper1

Ready to race!
The stupidity of this video is literally mind boggling. The person is trying to justify comparing his fully modded and tuned Si to a stock GTI, WRX, and ST because it costs a tiny bit less and isn't turbo'd (despite the fact that it has Vtak). Sounds like the kid is trying to make himself feel better about the fact that he ended up with an Si over any of these cars. :confused:

Sorry rant over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AptiVO702p0

dn0

Ready to race!
Have you read comments in Car of the year articles ( which the Golf/GTI/R won)? Sometimes you just wanna say something but these people are ignorant as fuck and they are butthurt. It's unlikely they'll change their mind so it's just best to leave them alone.

StormTrooper1

Ready to race!
All this matters if you are racing cars against each other but if were all just out having fun to each his own.

I agree but it's as if he's trying to put down the other cars he's comparing the SI to.

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
was hoping to see a race, not some kid comparing dyno's and telling us why his Honduh is better lol

BrianThatCoolGuy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
‘22 GTI 6MT
I owned a 2013 Civic Si. It takes a shit ton of money to get it running with a stock Mk7 GTI and thousands more to have it compete with a stage 1 GTI. Like the OP said, seems like that guy is just trying to justify his purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StormTrooper1

Ready to race!
It's people like this that give Honda drivers a bad reputation. They come with the most excuses and illogical statements. Having said that, that definitely doesn't include all Honda owners.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
There is so much more to a car than the numbers they post.

StormTrooper1

Ready to race!
LOL With only an intake, my MK7 put down more power than his full bolt-on setup. Yes, different dyno's, but not 9hp and 81 tq worth though.

Typically, what would an SI owner spend on "full bolt-on's" to make that kind of power, where he feels he's saving money vs the competition? He claims "$2k".

What did you put down with just the intake?

BrianThatCoolGuy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
‘22 GTI 6MT
LOL With only an intake, my MK7 put down more power than his full bolt-on setup. Yes, different dyno's, but not 9hp and 81 tq worth though.

Typically, what would an SI owner spend on "full bolt-on's" to make that kind of power, where he feels he's saving money vs the competition? He claims "$2k".

I'll tell you what I spent:

Header-$400
Exhaust-$600
Intake-$400
TBS-$120
Throttle body-$260
RBC setup-$950
Flashpro-$700
Dyno tune-$400
Misc parts-$100

That's nearly $4k to keep up or MAYBE beat a stock GTI. Garbage car.

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
I'll tell you what I spent:

Header-$400
Exhaust-$600
Intake-$400
TBS-$120
Throttle body-$260
RBC setup-$950
Flashpro-$700
Dyno tune-$400
Misc parts-$100

That's nearly $4k to keep up or MAYBE beat a stock GTI. Garbage car.

Once you go turbo you never go back! Screw Honda

BTDUBS

The Interceptor
Car(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Kid is getting flamed and it is what he deserves. He should just enjoy the fact that he got a fun car, not try and run with those who have fun AND fast cars.

lo ran

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah seen his YouTube videos, thought it would be anything interesting but all garbage.. "my SI is the best" blah blah blah..