GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI VS Charger R/T ScatPack (2016?)

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Just a friendly encounter from a stoplight, only got up to 80ish before it was shut down. He pulled up next to me and revved, I figured I'd get smoked from the starting line and needless to say I did lol. In my defense he was in the left lane and didn't have a line of cars only 30 yards ahead, but it wouldn't have gone much different considering.

Anyway, so he pulled ahead still gunning it, I quickly got over and was actually able to make up ground once out of first gear. I was right on his bumper when accelerating in third and then we had to shut it down. Close but I think from a roll I could have taken it.

Later down the road I was able to get ahead Bc GTI is more nimble in lane changes, so there;P

Props to the charger though. I looked it up afterwards and apparently can get mid 12s in the 1/4. No slouch.

Anyone ever run into these, on a track? That would be more telling than this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
I ran into one at a gas station last week. Owner was a cool dude. His exhaust was enough to scare me away from challenging. Lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I have a shitty video running one on a two lane road at night night (I had a passenger) caught up after giving him the hit and had to let out so I wouldn't hit him by about 90. They sound and looks awesome, but a boat is a boat

Venumous

Ready to race!
Scat Pack cars trap 112-113. The highest I've seen for a Stage 1 APR car is 109mph. A 3-4 mph difference is not negligible. They must pull harder from 90-110 by a large margin based on these accounts...

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
5.0 mustangs are supposed to be faster stock too, yet I still beat them consistently.

Even my old roommates '16 5.0 track package with catless X pipe, intake and pro tune only pulled a fender on me to 100 from a walking speed roll, and I had a 190lbs passenger.

I guess driver mod, elevation, and weather conditions are very unfriendly to N/A v8 cars

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
2015 loaded Scat challenger with 8 speed auto and Hellcat box running 12.5's @ 112 mph at 1500 feet. All else stock. Saw it with my own eyes.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
I destroyed one not too long ago... :p

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I haven't honestly drive 90% of the time in our carpool just to race muscle cars...being in NASCAR country it's very satisfying to crush egos lol...esp since I always have passengers, my sons Recaro car seat (empty, obviously on my way to work night shift)

Last night was pretty dull, even tho some dude in a s550 AMG decided to embarrass himself in front of he's wife/gf. We gave him the hit and still pulled lengths before 100

Venumous

Ready to race!
What are your mods? I posted a video of me running a APR 1.5 DSG R in my bone stock 5.0 6spd (axle back exhaust only) and pulling him from a 40 roll. All I got was troll comments about how he didn't brake boost blah blah blah. Driver makes a huge difference.

digilio86

Ready to race!
What are your mods? I posted a video of me running a APR 1.5 DSG R in my bone stock 5.0 6spd (axle back exhaust only) and pulling him from a 40 roll. All I got was troll comments about how he didn't brake boost blah blah blah. Driver makes a huge difference.

If tuned GTI will pull on a R ( with same stage tune) from that speed with sticky tires. I gap stockish 5.0 on the regular. Then again maybe none of em can drive idk.

Venumous

Ready to race!
If tuned GTI will pull on a R ( with same stage tune) from that speed with sticky tires. I gap stockish 5.0 on the regular. Then again maybe none of em can drive idk.

Your car is a totally different story with an IS38 man. None of the other guys in this post have a turbo upgrade. I 100% believe IS38 GTIs would do some damage from a roll with that power to weight.

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Your car is a totally different story with an IS38 man. None of the other guys in this post have a turbo upgrade. I 100% believe IS38 GTIs would do some damage from a roll with that power to weight.
Isn't his car gutted, too? Or maybe that's another dude...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk