GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI Trunk Tool Box Foam?

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
Anyone know if VW makes a foam like this for the GTI? The part number 5G0012115N is for the Golf R and apparently it doesn't fit the GTI according to VW. I don't see why it wouldn't fit unless it doesn't fit due to the fact that the GTI trunk is slightly deeper, thus making the shape different.

Attachments

• 1626011824929.png
    1626011824929.png
    4 MB · Views: 159

nosmirk

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
7.5 DSG
Definitely won't fit the stock location, the shape is different. I have mine out for sound absorption mats
top & bottom foam: 5G0012115AD & 5G0012115AF

edit: will fit in the upper position using the upper deck.

Last edited:

GTIscream

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Mk7.5
Sorry to revive an old thread...
Part # 5G0012115N absolutely does fit in the GTI.

While searching the internet about this part i kept seeing posts saying it wouldn't fit the GTI. Then i kept looking at my 2020 GTI and then at the pictures of the part and thinking it really looked like it would fit. Finally i gave in and ordered the part. To be certain this is the Euro Golf R toolkit foam insert, part # 5G0012115N. It fit. It shoves in snugly but it slides all the way back. There are three bumps on the foam and they fit perfectly into gooves on the bottom of the cargo tray. i didn't find that out till after i had removed those bumps as i didn't realize there were gooves in the tray.

Your cargo tray has to be in the upper position for the toolkit foam to fit, so if you have the OEM MuddyBuddy mat, you won't be able to use it as that mat requires the cargo tray to be in the lower position. WeatherTech now sells a version of that mat that works with the tray in the upper position though, you just can't get it branded MuddyBuddy through VW.

If i can figure out how to post a picture, i can do that.

GTIscream

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Mk7.5
Okay, trying to attach some pictures just for fun.

Here is the toolkit newly installed after i was able to shove it all the way forward. It sits well above the spare tire obviously (as opposed to the R which has a shallow tire well). You can see the OEM corner toolkit in there too.

toolkit-1.jpg

And here it is with the cargo tray re-installed. And since the cargo tray is in the upper position i can put all the emergency kit items back in their bag! Huuzah! And i took the OEM corner kit out.

toolkit-2.jpg

Now i want to see if i can find a used liner to go in the tire well. Not that i mind seeing my red paint in there but i think it would look and sound better with the liner from 2018 and before. (Part # 5GM-863-007-CA9)

GTIscream

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Mk7.5
Is that a Pittsburg?

It's a Lexivon. In hindsight i should have checked locally, but i had picked up some Lexivon triple squares i liked and figured i would try out this wrench. i kind of like it but i am not sure why.