GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI to Golf R?

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Sedans are all sort of dumb. Of course Audi has a proper solution for that, but we can't have it.

MasterBlaster

Car(s)
Golf R MK VII
They're kinda gross if you're a dude though - it's a car for a female dental hygienist.
Add truck nuts to the back of yours. Problem solved.
LMAO! Beautiful response to a completely absurd and sexist comment from Daks.

I have a 2017MK7 Golf R and I love it. Prior to that I had a purchased a new, fully loaded 2017 Audi S3 in Mythos Black. It was a great car that looks beautiful. Some clown was looking at his phone and ran a stop sign and t-boned it. Luckily I saw him and stopped. My daughter was in the back seat and he would have killed her. I replaced it with a White 2018 S3, same options, half the miles and the extra gear. Found major hidden damage, got my money back and bought the R (I prefer hatchbacks).

But those S3's are great cars regardless of your gender and the interior fit and finish is miles better than that of the any Golf R. VW definitely cut corners on their interior trim. For example, the dash is made of dense foam rubber while the S3 is leather wrapped. The buttons feel better. The virtual Cockpit on the S3 is actually useful in comparison to the 7.5 Golf R's Digital Dash. The steering wheel is premium. The seats are better. But then, it's an Audi.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
LMAO! Beautiful response to a completely absurd and sexist comment from Daks.

I have a 2017MK7 Golf R and I love it. Prior to that I had a purchased a new, fully loaded 2017 Audi S3 in Mythos Black. It was a great car that looks beautiful. Some clown was looking at his phone and ran a stop sign and t-boned it. Luckily I saw him and stopped. My daughter was in the back seat and he would have killed her. I replaced it with a White 2018 S3, same options, half the miles and the extra gear. Found major hidden damage, got my money back and bought the R (I prefer hatchbacks).

But those S3's are great cars regardless of your gender and the interior fit and finish is miles better than that of the any Golf R. VW definitely cut corners on their interior trim. For example, the dash is made of dense foam rubber while the S3 is leather wrapped. The buttons feel better. The virtual Cockpit on the S3 is actually useful in comparison to the 7.5 Golf R's Digital Dash. The steering wheel is premium. The seats are better. But then, it's an Audi.
Not sexist at all. I just described who I imagine driving the car.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Audi's digital dash is nice. The VW one is definitely no where near as nice. It will be interesting to see if the Mk8 has better functionality.

MasterBlaster

Car(s)
Golf R MK VII
Audi's digital dash is nice. The VW one is definitely no where near as nice. It will be interesting to see if the Mk8 has better functionality.
Yeah it was pretty flawless and offered better switchable options. That said, I don't miss it. While the MK7 analog needles aren't the nicest looking as far as analog clusters go, they're functional and still look decent. The digital dash/virtual cockpit is more gimmick than functional

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Yeah it was pretty flawless and offered better switchable options. That said, I don't miss it. While the MK7 analog needles aren't the nicest looking as far as analog clusters go, they're functional and still look decent. The digital dash/virtual cockpit is more gimmick than functional
I like it in the wife's Q5, the maps and nav work well. But that's largely because Audi uses Google Maps, where VW has some half witted proprietary version. For my car, being a manual, I still greatly prefer analog gauges.

MasterBlaster

Car(s)
Golf R MK VII
I like it in the wife's Q5, the maps and nav work well. But that's largely because Audi uses Google Maps, where VW has some half witted proprietary version. For my car, being a manual, I still greatly prefer analog gauges.
Yeah it's definitely nice and works well. I just never found it to be so useful that I have to have it. I prefer analog needles anyway and I'm driving a DSG (missed out on a manual when I was looking but I like DSGs too). My wife's Model Y Performance is all digital. LOL. I hate driving that thing just because everything is on that tablet. Fun car though.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Yeah it's definitely nice and works well. I just never found it to be so useful that I have to have it. I prefer analog needles anyway and I'm driving a DSG (missed out on a manual when I was looking but I like DSGs too). My wife's Model Y Performance is all digital. LOL. I hate driving that thing just because everything is on that tablet. Fun car though.
Yeah, I think we're going eTron next, just can't do the Tesla interior, it's too Spartan, if it at least had a speedo straight ahead, so weird that it doesn't.

Mk_GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I heard Audi was discontinuing using Google Maps for the virtual cockpit navigation? Being able to display Google Maps on the R's digital panel would be awesome compared to that circa 2007 display it has now. Can't even find any current NAV update SD cards for it. Some of the locations on mine is way outdated.

MasterBlaster

Car(s)
Golf R MK VII
I heard Audi was discontinuing using Google Maps for the virtual cockpit navigation? Being able to display Google Maps on the R's digital panel would be awesome compared to that circa 2007 display it has now. Can't even find any current NAV update SD cards for it. Some of the locations on mine is way outdated.
Yeah It's such a clunky system whatever they're using. I just use Carplay/Google Maps if I need it. VW's NAV is a terrible.