GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gti SE no fog lights?

ILoveButter

Ready to race!
I was under the impression that all Se's have fog lights, but there's a car 180 miles from me that is clean but I'm wondering if it's damaged even though the car fax says its clean. The car is a 17, has a sunroof, fender audio, and the kicker , the light package headlights. I'm thinking it got popped in the front and they cheaped out and went with S block offs instead of fog lights

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
I believe you're likely looking at the Sport trim (sort of between the S and SE). Good value for what you get: performance package, lighting package minus fogs, better wheels (imo)...probably a few other things I'm leaving out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

pitterchi

Ready to race!
I believe you're likely looking at the Sport trim (sort of between the S and SE). Good value for what you get: performance package, lighting package minus fogs, better wheels (imo)...probably a few other things I'm leaving out.

No sunroof or Fender in a Sport. Maybe previous owner removed the fogs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
No sunroof or Fender in a Sport. Maybe previous owner removed the fogs?

Thanks...didn't realize Sport couldn't get a sunroof. Mine is a 2016, so no such option.

VIN decoder should confirm model/trim right?

ILoveButter

Ready to race!
Sorry guys, I had the dealer go back out and double check a d there are fogs on it, but when I do the vin decoder it says its an S, not an SE. Is that SOP? I can give the vin if someone uses a.super special decoder I don't know about. I just googled vs vin decoder and used the first one

mattd502

Ready to race!
Sorry guys, I had the dealer go back out and double check a d there are fogs on it, but when I do the vin decoder it says its an S, not an SE. Is that SOP? I can give the vin if someone uses a.super special decoder I don't know about. I just googled vs vin decoder and used the first one

S has fog lights which doesn't explain the audio or sunroof but the fogs comes on it.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Idk about a vin decoder, but if it has the leather seats, it's likely not an S trim (unless they swapped out the plaid cloth seats for leather)

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Lol you got me by 2 seconds lol [emoji23]

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
I was under the impression that all Se's have fog lights, but there's a car 180 miles from me that is clean but I'm wondering if it's damaged even though the car fax says its clean. The car is a 17, has a sunroof, fender audio, and the kicker , the light package headlights. I'm thinking it got popped in the front and they cheaped out and went with S block offs instead of fog lights

Are the options only what's listed in the sale ad, or have you physically looked at the car to confirm the options.

It's most likely a Sport model, but who ever advertised it, put the wrong specs up. If it does indeed have sunroof, leather, fender but no fog's then that's a red flag.

Sport came with special wheels, no other US model GTi was offered with the Nogaro's, so that's an indicator as well, but someone could have bought a set and put them on. Maybe get the VIN and run in a VIN program to see what options it has.

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
You need to physically look at the car to confirm the options. The VIN decoder is not 100% accurate every time, and god forbid, you can't rely on a sales monkey to give you the correct info. They are either unfamiliar or don't care. They just want you in the showroom and to sell you a car. So they will tell you what you want to hear sometimes.

K.A.I.N.

Ready to race!
Are the options only what's listed in the sale ad, or have you physically looked at the car to confirm the options.

It's most likely a Sport model, but who ever advertised it, put the wrong specs up. If it does indeed have sunroof, leather, fender but no fog's then that's a red flag.

Sport came with special wheels, no other US model GTi was offered with the Nogaro's, so that's an indicator as well, but someone could have bought a set and put them on. Maybe get the VIN and run in a VIN program to see what options it has.

Psst... one post up. ;)