GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI Partially Leather Seats

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
Unlike the rest of the world, we (in the middle east) don't get to choose our options, the GTI will come in 2 packages.

Package 1 and 2, package 2 being the fully loaded version with all the goodies and "partially leather seats" is one of these goodies. However when i went to the dealer to book mine. i told them i want to see how the "partially leather" seats look like before i go ahead and book a car. they sent me the attached picture. this looks full leather to me. could it be they sent me a wrong photo or they don't know what partially means??

My understanding to the phrase "partial leather" is the below picture. If i am not mistaken the picture below is the partially leather seat, with leather sides and fabric plaid center.

here's a video from the geneva auto show
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HffB0d-8jRs

if you go to the 45th second you will see the same interior with leather sides and fabric center.

i emailed them back telling them to reconfirm with their sources, and i sent them the same video and picture i posted here, still no reply. but this is really bugging me. GTI without the plaid design is just not the same.

now im really afraid if i get the package 2 i will have full leather, I WANT THE PLAID DESIGN :D

Attachments

• GTi leather-20130409-100848.jpg
    GTi leather-20130409-100848.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 11,916

vwman

Go Kart Champion
I don't know if its the resolution on the monitor I'm looking at the moment but the side bolsters in the first picture you have posted looks like fabric to me.
Fabric lines ?

Go Kart Champion
^ looking at it again, you're right they might be fabric, i got it from the official Geneva release thread, anyways you got my point :D

I called VW sales today again, and they said they're waiting for Germany to confirm what partially leather means

Becks

Ready to race!
Typically, partial leather means; leather seating area's, and vinyl sides and backs. You are right to double check though. It wouldn't be the first time a customer knew more about the car they are purchasing than the dealer selling it does.

Litsma1

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey, KindiGTI..
So happy that u are gonna get ur GTI7.:D
I am so curious when will the GTI7 be released and start to be sold in ur country. Is that same to UK which is in June?

Go Kart Champion
Typically, partial leather means; leather seating area's, and vinyl sides and backs. You are right to double check though. It wouldn't be the first time a customer knew more about the car they are purchasing than the dealer selling it does.

Thanks for the info, tell me about it. They really need to learn what they're selling

Go Kart Champion
Hey, KindiGTI..
So happy that u are gonna get ur GTI7.:D
I am so curious when will the GTI7 be released and start to be sold in ur country. Is that same to UK which is in June?

Hey, of course I am. The first batch is already ordered and hopefully arrive here by the end of june or beginning of july. And if all goes according to plan one of them will be mine :D

Litsma1

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey, of course I am. The first batch is already ordered and hopefully arrive here by the end of june or beginning of july. And if all goes according to plan one of them will be mine :D
Hahh.. Coolll..
BTW, never forget sharing the pics after getting ur gti7:D

Go Kart Champion

Go Kart Champion
^ so do you think this is the partially leather option?

gtiw7

Ready to race!
^ so do you think this is the partially leather option?

I don't know if that's what VW mean by partially leather seats...but to me thats certainly the box-to-tick when I'll order my gti
plaid design, with alcantara <3 and some leather at the back of the seats won't harm as long as it doesn't make a physical contact with me while I'm sitting lol

Go Kart Champion
I don't know if that's what VW mean by partially leather seats...but to me thats certainly the box-to-tick when I'll order my gti
plaid design, with alcantara <3 and some leather at the back of the seats won't harm as long as it doesn't make a physical contact with me while I'm sitting lol

lol, I'm still waiting for the dealer to reply :confused: