GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI + GTD in stock

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
Smith Knight Fay in Bury have a red GTI in stock with 19" and Performance pack in the show room. They also have a red 5dr GTD in stock, Delivered this week. I know these car are available as they offered me the GTD rather than ordering one for me. The GTi has been in the show room for a few weeks now.

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
obviously this is an information for potential buyers :eek:
who are happy to accept the car specced as it is and pay list price in order to get the car straight away...

DW58

Go Kart Champion
There are quite a lot of stock cars around, but dealers seem to prefer not to actually search as it costs them to have cars transferred to them.

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
Yes Rob - its in their interests to sign up new fctory orders or sell used cars on their own forecourts. Obtaining stock from other dealers is a last resort in most cases....

Going back to the OP - there is a member on another forum who has access to some inside info at VW UK and reported they were (I think from memory) only around six or seven Golf GTD's (DSG) available to purchase from UK stock - so not exactly the image of hundreds of stockpiled cars lined up on disused airfields that might enter the imagination!

DW58

Go Kart Champion
I don't think those airfields full of unsold cars ever contained Volkswagen/Audi cars - plenty of Fords, Vauxhalls, Peugeot etc. however.

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
I hope do - I fly over a few in the south of UK in the summer and its unbelievable how many cars are just sitting around. One I have seen a few times has literally thousands of cars parked on it....