GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTD 185PS Manual - DTUK CRD-T+ Tuning Box (Rail & Boost Pressure Sensors)-Settings

s7wag

Ready to race!
The trip to AMD ended up being re-booked due to the exhaust fabricator/engineer being off work so I ended up their the next day but without the rolling-road runs. I've seen the power-run print from DTUK on the 1+1 settings showing the 240PS/500NM. I have the 2.0 TDI CR170 in my TT with Revo re-map which is around 208PS. The GTD is 'much' quicker and responsive so I don't think the figures are wrongly stated at all for the DTUK tune.

Zayvin

Passed Driver's Ed
Hope you don't mind me jumping on your thread!

Well, after two months (letting the car run in) I finally got around to fitting my DTUK box this week. It definitely improves upon the standard GTD, no doubt about that! It is especially noticeable when overtaking.

Anyhow, I was curious to see if the power claims DTUK make were true, so I booked some time on the rolling road. As some of you were interested I thought I would post my results.

My car: Golf mk7 GTD, manual, 2015 build week 4 car, 1751 miles on the clock.

VW claimed: Power = 181 hp, Torque = 380 Nm
Actual: Power = 208 hp, Torque = 422 Nm
DTUK box (1+1): Power = 230 hp, Torque = 497 Nm
DTUK box (3+1): Power = 219 hp, Torque = 497 Nm

I would have liked to try more settings but I only had 40 minutes due to arriving late - maybe another session in the future.

Overall I am pleased, especially with what the car was pumping out as standard! The DTUK box, whilst not quite matching the 239 hp claimed, gives a nice boost. The torque is where it's at and the peak comes in 500 rpm lower than the standard car @ 3500 rpm.

I used Motorscope at Northallerton. This is the same place DTUK used for their GTD dyno run, albeit they had a DSG model. The tech said DSG cars (automatics in general) usually produce a tiny bit more power on the dyno due to how the measurement is performed, which could explain some of the power difference from DTUK claim.

rapport25

Go Kart Champion

Well, after two months (letting the car run in) I finally got around to fitting my DTUK box this week. It definitely improves upon the standard GTD, no doubt about that! It is especially noticeable when overtaking.

Anyhow, I was curious to see if the power claims DTUK make were true, so I booked some time on the rolling road. As some of you were interested I thought I would post my results.

I would have liked to try more settings but I only had 40 minutes due to arriving late - maybe another session in the future.

Overall I am pleased, especially with what the car was pumping out as standard! The DTUK box, whilst not quite matching the 239 hp claimed, gives a nice boost. The torque is where it's at and the peak comes in 500 rpm lower than the standard car @ 3500 rpm.

I used Motorscope at Northallerton. This is the same place DTUK used for their GTD dyno run, albeit they had a DSG model. The tech said DSG cars (automatics in general) usually produce a tiny bit more power on the dyno due to how the measurement is performed, which could explain some of the power difference from DTUK claim.

Very impressive :).

One thing to note, all dyno's give a different result. You can make a dyno read higher bhp & torque, if you know what you are doing ;)

One thing most tuning box companies don't tell you, modern diesel's now have a lambada sensor in the exhaust, which controls emissions. Take it back on the rollers in a years time and both bhp & torque wont be so high as the sensor in the exhaust will correct the over fuelling the tuning boxes is creating.

All so remap, tuning box will leave a trace that vw can find.

Rappy :cool:

L3nnox

Ready to race!
Take it back on the rollers in a years time and both bhp & torque wont be so high as the sensor in the exhaust will correct the over fuelling the tuning boxes is creating.

All so remap, tuning box will leave a trace that vw can find.

Does that not mean if you take off the box and run it for a bit, it will return to normal removing any trace????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcmaddy

Ready to race!
I know it's been discussed in many threads on many forums but anything is traceable even a tuning box that the seller guarantees won't be found. It can be found if someone knows what they are looking for. Anyone who says anything different is telling porkies ;)

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
Does that not mean if you take off the box and run it for a bit, it will return to normal removing any trace????

No, afraid not. All cars will store the data. If you don't want a trace, don't remap or fit a tuning box.

It really is that simple.

Any decent tuner will be 100% honest. If not, walk away.

ihmix

Ready to race!

At last some real life rolling road tests for the DTUK box (Great work zayvin), I have run mine for a fair while now on various settings and it has never missed a beat, great fun and I am currently sat on setting 2+2. I think the remap vs tuning box debate will go on for years to come, some people swear by a remap and likewise others can't fault the tuning box. IMO technology has moved on leaps and bounds from years past and both technologies produce a very similar end result with regards to bhp and torque, it's your choice as a consumer on your preferred method of application.

I have a full vcds system and as far as detecting the box, I have green lights across the board with no errors on any modules, I would not be Nieve enough to think without digging further a technician could discover certain parameters that do not match a standard cars running, but to be honest without reason why would they even begin to look.

L3nnox

Ready to race!
without digging further a technician could discover certain parameters that do not match a standard cars running, but to be honest without reason why would they even begin to look.

As I have said here and on other forums in my experience dealers don't give a hoot, if the cars got an issue they welcome the business and bill the manufacturer. Aware that if it was a catastrophic failure question may be asked but I fail to see the boxes stressing an engine to breaking point. I ran my mapped 535d and X5 35s whilst under AUC warranties and NEVER had an issue and I claimed circa £15k in warranty costs between the cars in 4 years. I even had running issues in the 535d and they changed loads of parts and it ended up a exhaust sensor throwing the cars brain into meltdown. (They then updated the I drive software resulting the car requiring to be re-remapped.

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
As I have said here and on other forums in my experience dealers don't give a hoot, if the cars got an issue they welcome the business and bill the manufacturer. Aware that if it was a catastrophic failure question may be asked but I fail to see the boxes stressing an engine to breaking point. I ran my mapped 535d and X5 35s whilst under AUC warranties and NEVER had an issue and I claimed circa £15k in warranty costs between the cars in 4 years. I even had running issues in the 535d and they changed loads of parts and it ended up a exhaust sensor throwing the cars brain into meltdown. (They then updated the I drive software resulting the car requiring to be re-remapped.

Not always the case :(:(

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10127

Zayvin

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi zayvin, are you saying map 1 gives you more power?

I thought the power increased as you increased the maps?

Map 1 gives more power, map 3 brought the torque in slightly lower in the rev range (~200 rpm). I will scan the graphs in at work tomorrow.

I wish I had more time to try all the settings. In real world driving, I am more than happy with how the car now drives in 1+1.

One small thing, and it may be in my head, but are you folks finding the sound actuator in the cabin works correctly with the box on?

BB86

Hi. Just following on from the original post on the different settings on the DTUK box. Still in the process of having a play around with the DTUK box but can't feel much of a difference between setting 1 and 2. 3 is clearly more effective at the bottom end and 1 and 2 make the car fly especially with +1 or +2 setting engaged. Anybody noticed much of a difference? Despite not noticing the difference between prog 1 and 2 there is a massively positive difference compared to stock. Highly recommended!!

ihmix

Ready to race!
Hi. Just following on from the original post on the different settings on the DTUK box. Still in the process of having a play around with the DTUK box but can't feel much of a difference between setting 1 and 2. 3 is clearly more effective at the bottom end and 1 and 2 make the car fly especially with +1 or +2 setting engaged. Anybody noticed much of a difference? Despite not noticing the difference between prog 1 and 2 there is a massively positive difference compared to stock. Highly recommended!!

I have now settled for 2+2 and yes it does fly. I found program 3 a little aggressive.

I concur it's a fabulous piece of kit and mine has been on for nearly a year and has not missed a beat.

:D