GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTD 1 week old and damaged.

G-Hack

So, having enjoyed a night out at Manchester Christmas Markets last night, I got back to the new car abs discovered it had been swiped in the car park. No notes left, no CCTV, nothing.

It was only a week old!!! Fuming!!! At least it's a company car so not my insurance, but still. They damage the front door, rear door and rear panel so had a right good go at it!!!

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Ouch! and just before xmas too :(
Hope you get it sorted quickly, are the panels dented?

Ian91

Ready to race!
People just don't take enough care!

Not good! Similar thing happened to my new car while it was in the car park at the the dealers, but at least they did leave their details with the dealer. Repair was done by the VW dealer and they came to some arrangement as the customer who damaged my car was buying a new car. Looks good as new so hopefully your repair will be ok, took me a few days to get over it though.

Tyler Durden

Ready to race!
I feel for you, that is considerable damage for a car park. Possibly a drunk driver?

It will take a few sleeps for the anger to reduce.

All the best for a speedy turnaround.

yas7862

Passed Driver's Ed
Wow thats pretty despicable from the person who did the damage to your car. I have a small scratch on my rear passengers door, someone must have scmacked their door into mine so has taken about an inch long of the paintwork off.

Thankfully no dents but one of my mates who does bodywork for VW has said he will fix it along with any other scratches on my car.

Hate the ****s who do this sort of crap to other cars, because of this I park as far away from other cars even if it means i have to walk a bit longer especially in shopping malls.

James75

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I echo what everyone else said, I don't have a dash cam but i should, it's a great idea. I hope you get it sorted, people like this are absolute a***holes

James

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
Feel for the OP, least my car made to to 10 days before someone scuffed a mirror. Had right rear door resprayed after I admittedly scratched it on a fence post after 4 weeks and 2 days someone has scratched the same door. I'm at the stage where if I catch someone damaging my car, won't say what I'll do as you'll all see it - on the national news & I ain't even kidding. Ok "it's only a car, inanmiate object, it will get fixed, no real biggie, etc", but when you try so hard top keep a nice car good condition only for lowlifes to cause damage, well sometimes it gets to be too much....

Last edited:

ihmix

Ready to race!
Wow I can't believe the amount of damage, I agree with everyone on here it's just outrageous they can get away with that, real shame the CCTV came back with nothing. I always park a country mile away from anything else when out shopping a real must with the idiots out there today. Hope it gets sorted very soon.

Golf GTD
Pure White
Dynaudio, Winter Pack, 19" Santiago Wheels, keyless, DCC.
Order date:- 19-9-14
Bw confirmed :- 02-11-14
5b text received 07-11-14
5c text received 12-11-14
6 text received 14-11-14
Collection 30-11-14

apoc_reg

Passed Driver's Ed
That is unbelievable, I hate having to pack in public car parks in fear of this sort of thing!!

Maka344

Ready to race!
I'm sorry to see that dude, makes me sick!

People have no respect and just simply don't give a ****!

Hope you get it sorted quick, I had a cyclist go into me a few months after collection and needed the bumper re-spraying.

acapvwgti

Ready to race!
lol it's a company car. It wouldn't bother me at all unless I owned the company. Now if it were my personal golf!!