GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Grinding/Rubbing when pulling away in 1st gear?

Nappyboy28

Passed Driver's Ed
So I'm ED stage 2, DP and BOV - I'm also Manual transmission. Whenever I slowly pull away I feel like a grinding/rubbing coming from the front of the car thru the pedal. Could this be an issue with the clutch/brake assist? Anybody else experience this?

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Do you feel a pulsing when you press down on the clutch pedal? Or just pulling away slowly? Do you hear any sounds when you press down the clutch? Like a whine?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yonmcgIFvRI

Odd vibration through the clutch pedal can be any number of things from clutch chatter to a damaged throw out bearing or out of balance assembly. (Could also just be a hunk o clutch dust on everything)

A suggestion from online when diagnosing clutch issues...is to press the pedal down with your hand (car is in neutral and parking brake is on). Your hand is a bit more sensitive then your foot in a shoe, and you'll be able to pick up more subtle oddities.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Possibly a good example of you got to pay to play. If you have a diaphragm clutch you could have a bent finger on the pressure plate. How many times have you dumped the clutch on take off? Very unusual to have bad T/O bearing this soon. More likely the PP.

Dan84

Ready to race!
On mine there a vibration when the clutch is released and the car it's in neutral. Once the clutch is suppressed the noise disappears. It very concerning