GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R folding mirrors?

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
There was a guy on rforum asking about part numbers so he could convert his 1.4TSI into an R :eek: Appearantly it is a common thing to do these kind of things...I don't get it as the money you spend, you may as well buy the real thing etc...I wonder whether it was one of those...

The dash and steering wheel etc was definately R, however now you mention it, I don't recall noticing the exhaust pipes, it was dsg and keyless, thinking about it some more I don't recall the seats standing out at me :eek:

cyb3rdud3

Ready to race!
The dash and steering wheel etc was definately R, however now you mention it, I don't recall noticing the exhaust pipes, it was dsg and keyless, thinking about it some more I don't recall the seats standing out at me :eek:

Yes he/they 'educated' me that that scene normally don't both much with the inside...I don't get it, but I guess I'm just a grumpy old young git...

It was a 14 plate that I remember for sure.
In that case I suspect it was a look a like, plenty of proper full spec R's were delivered on 1st of March....Mine was from 6th iirc....Seems a long time ago :)

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Yes he/they 'educated' me that that scene normally don't both much with the inside...I don't get it, but I guess I'm just a grumpy old young git...

In that case I suspect it was a look a like, plenty of proper full spec R's were delivered on 1st of March....Mine was from 6th iirc....Seems a long time ago :)

The clocks were definately R, however I do recall mentioning to him that the dash trim looked different to mine (less black if that makes sense) , In fact the more you guys ask, the more I'm recalling and starting to believe it may not have been an R after all , wish I had taken a pic now as I was tempted to do at the time.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
It wasn't an R then I guess ;) It is standard...

The more and more I think about it now, I have to confess, I suspect you guys are correct and it's not an R, I remember asking him if it was Limestone grey and he said on the V5 it said gun metal grey (which isn't an option colour)
Also just looking at the V5 for my car it just says White as the colour.
The other thing I remember he was asking how mine drives and I said I was well pleased with it, he then went on about thinking of getting an Audi S3 , now I've never driven an R, but something tells me you wouldn't be dissapointed with it in just 1500 miles, whether a boy racer or not :eek:

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
I saw the car again today, twin DRLs, luckily I had my dashcam on the go, the guy had acknowledged me as we passed, anyways looking at the reg , it is definately an R after all.

James75

Go Kart Champion
Surely its either a misbuild - if there are no folding mirrors or if you mean they don't fold on lock and it can't be altered through the car menus, as I understood it, this was only added after a certain BW???

I've seen a few weird and wonderful misbuilds on the VW Transporters - surely it must happen on cars?

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Surely its either a misbuild - if there are no folding mirrors or if you mean they don't fold on lock and it can't be altered through the car menus, as I understood it, this was only added after a certain BW???

I've seen a few weird and wonderful misbuilds on the VW Transporters - surely it must happen on cars?

No motorised folding mirrors via the menu or manual switch :eek:
Was registered May 2014

James75

Go Kart Champion
No motorised folding mirrors via the menu or manual switch :eek:
Was registered May 2014

Could be a misbuild - it does happen.

I've seen a VW California Beach where they forgot to fit aircon - leaving the person with a vehicle that is worth significantly less and I've seen a Transporter van where by mistake they had fitted rear heating.

Granted this is commercial vehicles which is different.

You can retrofit folding mirrors, so it is possible it just wasn't built with them, or it has them and they've fitted the wrong trim. On my California, it doesn't have folding mirrors but you can still move the switch as though it has, so i guess it's possible that they haven't fitted the right trim and they still do fold.

James