GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R folding mirrors?

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
I was coming out of the supermarket, a guy had just pulled up in an R, he asked me how to get the mirrors to fold in when locking the car :eek:
Easy I thought, but the menu is not there and neither is a manual setting on the door control, are folding mirrors an optional extra on the R ?

I was coming out of the supermarket, a guy had just pulled up in an R, he asked me how to get the mirrors to fold in when locking the car :eek:
Easy I thought, but the menu is not there and neither is a manual setting on the door control, are folding mirrors an optional extra on the R ?

Odd. Mine do fold automatically but I forget if they were optional equipment...

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Odd. Mine do fold automatically but I forget if they were optional equipment...

I wonder if he had a pre production model, the website certainly shows that it should have folding mirrors, he said his mate has them too :confused:

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
In SE it's extra.

As it’s written in my contract:
“Folding door mirrors + reverse. tilt function” – 1500 SEK will be 140 GBP

/Peter

BlueBullet

Ready to race!
I have mine set on the L option. Which is top left that tilts the left mirror when you reverse and auto folds when locking. Don't fold on mirror icon I think.

cyb3rdud3

Ready to race!
Two ways for to fold your mirrors ;)

1. Twist the knob to the folding mirrors setting on the door. That seems to work at speeds up to 40mph...I use that method on our little country lanes...
2. In the Car Menu Settings, enable the convince feature to auto fold them when locking the car...

In other words RTFM ;)

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Two ways for to fold your mirrors ;)

1. Twist the knob to the folding mirrors setting on the door. That seems to work at speeds up to 40mph...I use that method on our little country lanes...
2. In the Car Menu Settings, enable the convince feature to auto fold them when locking the car...

In other words RTFM ;)

RTFOP , his car doesn't have it! :rolleyes:

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
It wasn't an R then I guess ;) It is standard...

Honestly , it was definately an R, the big wheels, blue trim etc, this was a 14 plate too, in gunmetal grey (limestone?) 5 door.
Seems a strange omission especially with nothing apparent that replaces it eg blind spot warning.

cyb3rdud3

Ready to race!
Honestly , it was definately an R, the big wheels, blue trim etc, this was a 14 plate too, in gunmetal grey (limestone?) 5 door.
Seems a strange omission especially with nothing apparent that replaces it eg blind spot warning.

There was a guy on rforum asking about part numbers so he could convert his 1.4TSI into an R :eek: Appearantly it is a common thing to do these kind of things...I don't get it as the money you spend, you may as well buy the real thing etc...I wonder whether it was one of those...

cyb3rdud3

Ready to race!
I didn't think there were any pre-launch Golf R's (RHD) in the UK at all....There have been no early pre-reviews or anything like that....It was all done abroad...and even then, iirc it is against tax laws to sell the pre-production models to the public....I think it is highly unlikely, but I guess we'll never know....

I think pibcak is much more plausible ;)

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
I didn't think there were any pre-launch Golf R's (RHD) in the UK at all....There have been no early pre-reviews or anything like that....It was all done abroad...and even then, iirc it is against tax laws to sell the pre-production models to the public....I think it is highly unlikely, but I guess we'll never know....

I think pibcak is much more plausible ;)

When we say pre production we mean pre launch, as the pre launch GTI's didnt have the radar sensor (which was what held me back from ordering sooner).