GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf MK7 - Ipod artwork not showing on screen

Starshaped

Ready to race!
You need an uprated cable to display album artwork and play videos from Iphone,it has a red collar instead of black and they are £36. There is one on Ebay.

mclovin247

Is this cable available from VW direct?

I have just put all my tracks on a 32gb SD card and re-sized all album artwork to 300x300 to get cover to show on head unit, would ideally like to use the ipod.

Starshaped

Ready to race!
It doesnt need fitting by anyone its identical to cable that comes with car except instead of having a black collar it has a red one,search for mk7 golf mdi cable and you will find it.

le0n1

Ready to race!
Anyone have a link to where i can find a replacment cable from the original ipod cable to aux?

thebadger

does i pod classic work

hI,

Does anyone know if the i pod classic will work as i can get more on it than i phone and lead wont fit i phone 5 anyway.I will want to get new mdi lead that reads art but again will that work for a classic.Isnt there 2 sd slots in glove box.Is 1 for sat nav only or can u have 2 cards of music and choose between them as a source.Will it read a 32gb sd card if under 500 files.Thanks for any help.

mclovin247

Installed my 32gb SD card in the slot by the CD player in the glove box, that currently has 3000+ tracks on and works fine will all the artwork showing (once converted)

jken

Glad to find this forum site and thanks for the advice everyone. I was presuming it was only me that was failing to get album artwork to show on iphone/ipod. It seems okay on SD card. Disappointing that it's not working (and I've tried re-sizing to under 500x500). It almost suggests VW didn't bother testing the interface with compatible devices.