GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf MK7 - Ipod artwork not showing on screen

Ajdc78

Does anyone know if these solutions work on US GTIs? I would like to get a cable that can display the album artwork from a 4th generation Ipod Nano with a 30-pin connector. I haven't been able to fin anything with a red collar. I am not even sure that I understand what that means.

Anayat

Ready to race!
I have a Lightning MDI cable (green collar) it displays album art for my iPhone 5S no problem, but I hate having to plug it into my car every time so I bought an iPod nano (7th Gen with lightning port) just for the car but the nano won't display the album art, anyone know why? Also with the nano connected it says Discover Media system says video supported but won't find any supported videos on the nano.

Ajdc78

Ok, have a 4th generation Ipod Nano and a MK7 GTI. I have been trying to get album artwork to display. I bought a red collared MMI cable. It is an Audi cable
part # 4F0 051 510 R. It plugs into the Ipod and the car but sadly it is not recognizing the media. I was hoping that this would work. Does anyone know of a Volkswagen part number or if this cable should work?

Soulman B

Ready to race!
Just took delivery of my GTD and plugged in my Ipod Touch 4 and no joy with the artworks for the music, so I tried my Ipod Touch 5 with the other cable supplied and Perfect all artwork and playlists are present. SD option can be tricky as some have suggested the you have to reduce the size of the artworks. I think all ipds, iphones are different in some way, but reading the posts, it looks like the 5s work fine with the lighting cable.