GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf MK7 H7 Led drop-in headlight bulbs

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
There are many threads on the golfmk7 about how OEM halogen bulbs are not aimed correctly from the factory and this thread shows how to adjust:
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36039

There is no need to aim our LEDs down more - it will not cause any BLINDING glare that causes others to flash you. It does mimic the OEM halogen beam cut-off and you can adjust like you do OEM halogens.

Many are running this setup with great results and no complaints of glare or being flashed while gaining a lot more visibility. And even OEM xenon:
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29978

Dan00Hawk

Go Kart Newbie
It finally got warm enough this weekend in Chicago for me to get these installed. The deautoled revision for the Hella housing means I had to take out the headlight housings in order to get these larger heatsink bulbs installed, and to slightly pull out the power tabs on the housings. I think the results are worth the effort and the price. Here are the pics of the bulbs installed, and aimed at my garage door from 12 feet. Also a pic next to my wife's 2017 Beetle with Philips VisionPlus halogen bulbs so you can see the cutoff and color comparison. Note: I have golden yellow DRL/parking/highbeams installed (GP Thunder 3500k H15 bulbs).

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Thanks for the support and feedback - you don't always have to remove headlights -some other customer feedback:
I have these bulbs on my Alltrack. I've had them in and working for about 3 weeks now. They have fired up without a problem in sub zero temps.

Install tip:
These bulbs as a unit are larger than a halogen bulb so you will need to install the driver side by going in from the wheel well. You just remove two screws that hold the fender liner and peel back the fender liner. Super easy.

Dan00Hawk

Go Kart Newbie
Dan00hawk can you post up some pictures of how well they light up the road? Thanks!

They light up the roadway very well. Here are some quick pictures I took while driving home tonight around 9:30pm with just the lowbeam headlights (no fogs). Safety disclaimer: No cars were near me while I used the camera :D. Sorry for the blurry imagery, but I didn't want to come to a complete stop in the dark areas of the road. Other areas where I was stopped at a stop-light were too well lighted to demonstrate the effectiveness of the bulbs.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
It finally got warm enough this weekend in Chicago for me to get these installed. The deautoled revision for the Hella housing means I had to take out the headlight housings in order to get these larger heatsink bulbs installed, and to slightly pull out the power tabs on the housings. I think the results are worth the effort and the price. Here are the pics of the bulbs installed, and aimed at my garage door from 12 feet. Also a pic next to my wife's 2017 Beetle with Philips VisionPlus halogen bulbs so you can see the cutoff and color comparison. Note: I have golden yellow DRL/parking/highbeams installed (GP Thunder 3500k H15 bulbs).

Wtf these are brighter than my deautokey HIDs...

Dan00Hawk

Go Kart Newbie
Wtf these are brighter than my deautokey HIDs...

Maybe it's just my photos or the color temperature. They seem a little bit whiter than the fogs in person to me. Deautokey claims the HIDs are brighter. Either way, I have no complaints about these. Also, I haven't gotten flashed by oncoming vehicles in the weeks that I've had these installed.