GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf MK7 Aliexpress 7.5 LED Rear Light Problem

kdanieldeakin

Has anyone had an issue with their indicators not being fully dynamic after installing the AKD rear lights from Ali express? I got in touch with the seller and they are pointing me towards coding but the listing literally says no coding is required. I installed everything properly and I am confused as to why the inside light isn’t swishing like the outside.

What makes the situation even more bizarre is that when I lock/unlock the car the lights are dynamic and sometimes when i put on my hazards they decide to work.

Please see the linked video to see what I mean. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I waited about 4 months for these lights and don’t fancy sending them back. Just a heads up I live in the UK.

Cheers

https://youtube.com/shorts/o_uWanxRKIo

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
There was a thread recently for this, let me see if I can find it.

EDIT: Here it is.

I have the document for adding Euros to a NAR car listing the coding changes, but I do not think that’s your issue as yours should be plug and play. Stupid question, the car is from the ROW and not NAR? I figured it’s worth asking.

Last edited:

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
You need coding for sure but I am not the person who can provide it for you. Unfortunately I have an NA GTI so my coding will not work with your harness I believe.

GNBRETT

Go Kart Champion

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Has anyone had an issue with their indicators not being fully dynamic after installing the AKD rear lights from Ali express? I got in touch with the seller and they are pointing me towards coding but the listing literally says no coding is required. I installed everything properly and I am confused as to why the inside light isn’t swishing like the outside.

What makes the situation even more bizarre is that when I lock/unlock the car the lights are dynamic and sometimes when i put on my hazards they decide to work.

Please see the linked video to see what I mean. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I waited about 4 months for these lights and don’t fancy sending them back. Just a heads up I live in the UK.

Cheers

https://youtube.com/shorts/o_uWanxRKIo

What lights did your Golf originally come with? Unless your Golf came with the same lights...they will need to be coded for them to function properly. I'm not saying its not possible for them to be bad...but I think its pretty unlikely that there is something wrong with the lights since you say that they are fluid in different situations. AKD is a pretty large company in China that makes and sells a whole lot of lights.

You're in the UK. There are a lot of people and shops that work on Mk7's. If you're on Facebook...get into a local Facebook group...if not...find a VW forum in the UK and you can find someone that can help you out.